First old bullet......possibly Civil War

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
........but its small in size. Maybe from a squirrel rifle ??? It is old though because it has turned white.

Found it today on a friends land that has some Civil War history and silver being mined at one time.

113471106.jpg

113471132.jpg

113471169.jpg

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
? Nice find Zeke, looks like a .44 cal. ball from a revolver. I laid one next to a quater on my desk and it's almost, if not a match. Could be a .36 cal. also hard to tell from the picture.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?kenb

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, ORX, White's XLT, AT Gold for Fresh Water
Yes, appears to be a revolver round ball of about 44 cal or so, Nice Job.

Va Dave

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, looks to be cw era for sure. I have several like it. Now go find more !

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks guys. I was hoping maybe it was.

The history this land has sounds promising. My friend tells me that a Civil War prisoner was shot on the steps of an old house that used to be on the property. Theres no signs of the house now as it sit in the location of his mothers house or close to it. Since there were no real battles in this area....I've been told that maybe the prisoner was a deserter that was shot by the local "peace keepers" that were left after everybody went to war.

I've been searching satellite photos of the area trying to find an old Civil War road or something.......Im dying to get on a campsite. I picked up the book "Finding Civil War campsites in Rural Areas" from the local detector shop. Its got alot of good info in it.....and I think maybe I have located an old road that looks to border the back property line of my parents land. Or it might be just where the surveyors cleared the "sight line" to survey the land. It stinks that deer season is in. That really hinders getting out in the woods to look for places. Luckily my friend doesnt hunt or let others hunt his land. ;D

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
That's a really neat find, I like it. I'm worried about hunting season too. I am thinking of wearing ALL blaze orange when I hit the woods in a few weeks or so. And maybe a large strobe light on my head too!!! :)

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
great find congrats...as hunting season comes i would suggest you wear something....i have seen pepole spray paint the word horse on there horse and cow on there cow...LOL no kidding..i have a neon vest

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread