Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes--KG III. I wonder if it's a regal or counterfeit... Is there enough detail to attribute the variety?

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it needs heated peroxide treatment. Then the detail will come out. Too much crud on it. Then get a weight on it. That will tell you if it's Regal or not. :thumbsup:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Counterfeit :thumbsup:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Don in SJ said:
93Vector Nice find!! Not sure if you know or not But from my understanding It's a good thing that you have a counterfeit an there more collectable then the regal an some varieties are worth tons of money... I wouldn't put the coin in a hot peroxcide bath ..but use a mag glass an tooth picks to pick the dirt off an then use some wet qtips an lightly rub the coin to clean it...it looks like if you bathe this coin you will lose alot of detail on the coin.. Hope to see it clean up soon!! Then someone on here can maybe attribute the coin for you...

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
creeper71 said:
Don in SJ said:
93Vector Nice find!! Not sure if you know or not But from my understanding It's a good thing that you have a counterfeit an there more collectable then the regal an some varieties are worth tons of money... I wouldn't put the coin in a hot peroxcide bath ..but use a mag glass an tooth picks to pick the dirt off an then use some wet qtips an lightly rub the coin to clean it...it looks like if you bathe this coin you will lose alot of detail on the coin.. Hope to see it clean up soon!! Then someone on here can maybe attribute the coin for you...

I would have to agree with creeper on this one. The green patina will come off on that coin, leaving a pitted mass ( like the reverse of the Irish Halfpenny I found this afternoon). I know I will catch hell for this, but I gently rub coins in that condition with my thumb to bring out detail. The copper on the surface of the coin is really gone, and what you are seeing is only the remnant of the it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread