New Land Ranger Detector Find and Comparison

medallion

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2007
Mid Thumb Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger
Got my new Bounty Hunter Land Ranger detector today. Found a 1970 copper penny in no time flat. I had a BH Pioneer 505 and liked it well enough except the detector did more of what it wanted than I wanted. It could be set and except for being a bit off center; it found coins - sort of. I had to work to get anything out. The signal moved around - but I liked it.

Nowwww. I have the Land Ranger and can't believe how easy it is to use and read. Targets are dead center, even though the depth usually reads a bit deeper than the coin actually is. I also LOVE the numeric read out. The penny came right in the range the book says. I used preset 3, and pinpointed with the smart trac all metal mode (the pioneer all metal mode was good but all over the place).

I have been over this same spot manyyyy times in my yard in the past and found nothing but erratic signals. It's too cold to speculate, but the Land Ranger identified more targets in the copper, silver range. I will post if I find anything else good soon. (It is supposed to get cold here in the SE part of the Michigan thumb, so I just dug the one coin)

Anyway my first coin with a "real" detector! Cool! Never thought I'd get so excited over a Lincoln penny

Upvote 0

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder
good luck! I had a bh for some time....ended up getting a dfx 300. I am happy with it. You will find lots of goodies!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Welcome to the insanity! You will no doubt find a bunch more now. Goodluck and looking forward to future posts. :thumbsup: jgas

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My second detector was a Land Ranger. I must admit I found more "stuff" with it than any detector I've had except maybe the ACE 250. Keep at it and post all you great finds. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread