• 000_1173a.JPG
    000_1173a.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Great finds JD. I still have not found a shield nickel, some day soon I hope. Congrats on some great finds. Any more marbles?? Lance

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff JD, I have yet to find a shield nickle. Congrats....

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good stuff, JD.

Do you have any idea what that buckle is from on the top right hand side of your picture? I just found one of those last week. What's that tool thingamabob?

Z

ZumbroKid

You find some good stuff. The large rusted tool in the picture, I believe is one used for controling unrully bulls. They would hook it to their nose to get them where they want them to go. The nose of a bull is a very tender body part, this is why farmers put rings in the nose of the animals.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZKID mentioned the tool for animals noises its called a "TWITCH" used for horses also.its for being able to control an animal for the shoer or vet so they are more concerned with their nose being held. then what ever else you are doing to them that requires a "TWITCH".

Z

ZumbroKid

Yep, you get a 2,000 plus pound bull by the nose. And he is under control whether he likes it or not. Try it sometime, it really works.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
A great bunch of finds there. My first old coin found was a 1866 shield nickel as well, too cool. Congrats

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread