Ancient Roman and Greek coins - Should I post?

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
I guess this will get moved--- Sorry admins!!

I am taking pictures of my ancient Greek and Roman coins.. listing some on ebay, need the cash for the new Whites metal detector coming out!!

Should I post the pictures? I'm NOT plugging the listings on ebay.. just wondered if people might be interested?

for example.. here is a denarius of Septimius Severus 193 - 211 AD

Not sure where to post something like this??

MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• s1785o.jpg
    s1785o.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 1785r.jpg
    1785r.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
If they were found by you, I would say Post Away...... :icon_sunny:

If they are just coins you are selling or collecting, then there are forums for that too.

Jay

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Saturna said:
If they were found by you, I would say Post Away...... :icon_sunny:

If they are just coins you are selling or collecting, then there are forums for that too.

Jay

No, these are ones I have collected on and off the last 20 years... none of them were dug by me and I am not looking to sell them here.. just sharing I guess..

MB

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I listed about 20 roman coins like yours( all silver) on ebay that were dug by my freind in europe, He needed cash for the new E trac. 2 of them (the less common ones) sold in the first few hours and the others didnt sell, we were very surpized. I listed them at buy it now at 50% less than the book value. I am sure they would have sold if I started the listings at .99 cents but didnt want to take the chance of them selling for $4. I did receive questions on them about there authenticity and some just didnt beleive they were real. The 2 that sold, the people were VERY happy. I hope you have good luck selling them, the new whites Vision looks great.
Marty

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
NJ Marty said:
I listed about 20 roman coins like yours( all silver) on ebay that were dug by my freind in europe, He needed cash for the new E trac. 2 of them (the less common ones) sold in the first few hours and the others didnt sell, we were very surpized. I listed them at buy it now at 50% less than the book value. I am sure they would have sold if I started the listings at .99 cents but didnt want to take the chance of them selling for $4. I did receive questions on them about there authenticity and some just didnt beleive they were real. The 2 that sold, the people were VERY happy. I hope you have good luck selling them, the new whites Vision looks great.
Marty

I hear you!! The economy is just too low right now I think... I listed a few just to see what they would do. I like to have my hobbies pay for themselves... but I don't think that is going to work this time around.. :-(

MB

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
How much do you want for something like that?

Nice coin,

Keep @ It and HH!

Well, i want as much as possible!! ;-) This was part of a lot of them I bought.. so the average price was low. You can get something like this on ebay around $20.. probably not as good of a strike but still a nice example. I had just finished reading a book about him.. interesting man.. so starting picking up some of the coins..

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread