Incredible find today, giving closure to grieving families, Video added

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
RGECY and myself (David Toller of the 2009 Treasure Expo & Trade Show) wanted to help DNR in locating a boat that sank, taking the life of 3 people and nearly taking two more of the 6 on board.
http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/825428.html
Last Friday I read in the Myrtle Beach Sun News that the DNR had been diving to locate the boat from this tragic accident. When I read that they were unable to locate the boat, I got in touch with my treasure hunting partner RGECY and asked if he would like to shoot up here to Myrtle Beach and see what we can find with the Hummingbird Side Scanner.
Robert agreed, and early this morning we were dropping the boat into the water. We began finding targets right away, that were interesting, but just not what we were looking for.
Then, about 45 minutes into the search we located what we were certain was the target in question, the boat from the tragic accident. The target was obviously laying on the River Bed on it's side, giving off a very nice image.
RGECY fealt like getting into the cold water (I don't do cold dives, ever) and investigated the site. After only a few minutes under water he surfaced and gave the THUMBS UP. Not only did he find what may be the wreck, but had the Hull Numbers from the boat.
After a call to DNR, we were able to confirm through these numbers that this was definately the boat that took 3 lives so far, and still has one more (a 5 year old) hanging onto a thread at the hospital.
We hope that locating this boat for DNR to complete their investigation will give a closure to the grieving families.

New Video added: http://videos.myrtlebeachonline.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=3479917&item_index=1&all=1&sort=NULL

Upvote 0

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE BOTH OF YOU ARE TO BE APPLAUDED !!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wav:

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Excellent work, David!!! The things you accomplish in the field keep getting better and better. I'm rethinking the invite up here to my island spot, and might take you up on your offer to help you on your future project, my vacation time will be well spent. You do nothing but amaze us, all the time. I'm sending you a PM reply tonight. Job well done, here's one on me.... :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread