Backyard Treasures

proteus922

Mar 21, 2009
Midwest
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
I've only had my metal detector for a few months and have only used it about 6 times. Tonight I went into my backyard (109 year old farmhouse) and found this bracelet. It is not silver but looks like it is either copper or gold plated. Last week, my son and I found these coins in our front yard--one Indian Head and one V-nickel. I also found this round metal ball that is sort of green. I wonder if it's a ball bearing. I also found this button in my backyard. This sure is fun! Any comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Bracelet.JPG
    Bracelet.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 602
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 574
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 572
  • V-Nickel 1901 Reverse.JPG
    V-Nickel 1901 Reverse.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 590
  • V-Nickel 1901.JPG
    V-Nickel 1901.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 595
  • 1907 Indian Head-Reverse Compressed.JPG
    1907 Indian Head-Reverse Compressed.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 593
  • Metal Ball Compressed.JPG
    Metal Ball Compressed.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 589
  • 1907 Indian Head Compressed.JPG
    1907 Indian Head Compressed.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 563
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can not say about the braclet but the coins are nice....Matt

S

seger98

Welcome to Treasure Net, looks like you are off to a great start with that detector!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Fantastic find on the bracelet and the coins! I believe that the dark metal ball is a marble...Someone correct me if I am mistaken.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! That button rocks - The bracelet sure looks better than copper - but I guess it could be a plate job . It

appears to be every bit of a hundred years old . Great finds ! Argentium.

OPUS1

Jan 23, 2009
So. Cal
Detector(s) used
BH QD II,Minelab GPX 4500 PULSE GOLD PROSPECTING DETECTOR,Garrett Infinium LS Pulse Metal Detector

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Looks like your yard holds alot of treasures!! Congrats and hope to see more coins and relics!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! You made some great finds already. The bracelet does look silver and probably would not have held up so well if it were copper. Did you check the inside for a hallmark or stamp? It has an early 1900s look to it. The button looks late 1800s and the coin V nickle is nice. You have a lot of potential finds on your own land. There should be old out house holes close to the house, they are worth digging out, detecting and sifting the dirt can yield some awesome finds and I doubt it is smelly by now, LOL. Also the path directly to the outhouse would be a good place as many emergency toilet trips would have had suspenders flying and pockets flapping during the race to the outhouse. Check the sunny side of the house where a clothes line would have been or maybe still is, LOL! Where did they get water 109 years ago, worth checking/detecting the water source of the old days. Let us know how you do and some site pictures would be great. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread