1864 IHP (not a fatty) and some relics

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit an old homesite for the first time this evening and came up with a few goodies. The house that sat on this site was pre-1872 but moved in 1910 so I knew I wouldn't be fighting with too much junk. The field is corn so I couldn't work the site very good and only covered a small portion of it. The 64 Indian is my oldest IHP to date and was in pretty rough shape. The button has back marks that say Rich Gold Color and I believe the item that has S. Biggins and sons is a medallion from a handsaw. I found one similar to this last week but with a different name. I need your help identifying the large item that is pat. date of 1881. Hopefully will get back to that site soon but have some other spots to hit this weekend first.

100_2268.jpg

100_2263.jpg

100_2260.jpg

100_2265.jpg

100_2267.jpg

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good finds there!

My favorite is the pocket watch winding "key" (In the first photo, below the penny. It's the small brass piece with two loops.)

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Some good finds there!

My favorite is the pocket watch winding "key" (In the first photo, below the penny. It's the small brass piece with two loops.)

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy
Thanks for the ID on that item Buckleboy. Was that item permanently fixed to the pocket watches or could it be taken on and off? Any ideas on that dial with the numbers? It was brass but had iron caked on the bottom side.

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice buch of relics, great hunt, WTG

Cw

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wallhangers said:
BuckleBoy said:
Some good finds there!

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy
Thanks for the ID on that item Buckleboy. Was that item permanently fixed to the pocket watches or could it be taken on and off? Any ideas on that dial with the numbers? It was brass but had iron caked on the bottom side.

I think the key was removable. I stared at that dial for a while before I replied to your post, and it doesn't look familiar to me. :-\

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread