Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Charlie and son took off for the Blue Angels show in Tuscaloosa today and Lisa and I had already planned on getting out and hunting somewhere. Dixie happened to send me a pm this morning asking if we wanted to come up his way and help him clean out a spot. Sounded like a good plan to me so I called the girls and we all met at around 2:00 this afternoon. We started into hunting and had our junque bucket full by 4:00. :P :D

100_2565.jpg

The weeds are growing fast around here. I think we've had rain every other day for the past month. But we managed to pull out a few keepers and helped Dixie out by clearing a layer or two of unmentionables. :-X :D

100_2571.jpg

Out in the back it was so grown over one could hardly get thru, and that's where the well and cistern were located. There was this HUGE tree back there too! No telling how old that thing was!

100_2576.jpg

I 'pretty pleased' Terri into posing for a picture by it, so's I could show you all the relative size of the tree....thanks, Terri! ;D

100_2578.jpg

We had a lot of fun! Thanks for the invite, Dixie! I hope you can get back out there and find you some keepers. :icon_pirat:

100_2579.jpg

Got a 1925 Buffalo, a 1957 wheat, a tootsie toy and an old button....

100_2583.jpg

Nana :wink:

Upvote 0

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana some really great finds ! :icon_sunny: That tree is massive! Thanks for posting the pic of Terrri!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Geez...thats a huge tree....Looks like alot of wrestling with the weeds,but you pulled out some nice finds! WTG!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! im wanting to dig a buffalo sometime this year. keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Great finds there....quite frankly I like the lil wrecked bug! :D Looks like a great area and glad you guys got out and had a good time!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Very nice finds and great trip.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Girl! If I didn't know better, I'd a'thought you were at my place! Good job on the goodies! My favorites are the buffalo's. Don't see too many of them anymore, and to make things worse, I grew up spending them! :P :P That's what I bought my coke and moon pie with every afternoon after school at the gas station across the street from our house. Think "Back to the Future." ha!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Nana :thumbsup: Nice to see Terri, look like you gals had a good time.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Holy Moly ...

What a great location to hunt ... :thumbsup:

SPLENDIFFEROUS finds too ....

Nutin' but Luv ~ Nicky ... :-* :-* :-*

Thanks, Nicky! :-*

Mental Granny said:
Nana some really great finds ! :icon_sunny: That tree is massive! Thanks for posting the pic of Terrri!
Thanks, Evy! She was a good sport for allowing me to take her pic after that hunt. It was pretty difficult to get around back there.

stoney56 said:
Nice!! Looks like a great area-coil grabbing weeds and all. LOL
And it was! :-X But we had fun. :)

John (Ma) said:
Great finds and looks like it was alot of fun.
Thanks, John. :)

Gypsy Heart said:
Geez...thats a huge tree....Looks like alot of wrestling with the weeds,but you pulled out some nice finds! WTG!
Thanks, Gypsy. :)

warsawdaddy said:
Nice nickel! In fact all the finds are great as always. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Daddy! :-* You're always too kind! :wink:

coltdavis said:
Nice finds! im wanting to dig a buffalo sometime this year. keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You'll find it, CD! :thumbsup: Thanks! :wink:

Cynangyl said:
Great finds there....quite frankly I like the lil wrecked bug! :D Looks like a great area and glad you guys got out and had a good time!
:D I thought it was quite amusing to dig up a pink punch buggy! :D I bet I could restore that puppy and it'd make a great detect'obile! :D Thanks, Cyn! :)

Deno said:
Nice finds. Neat pictures.
Thanks, Deno!

history hunter said:
Very nice finds and great trip.
Thanks, HH!

Noodle said:
Hey Girl! If I didn't know better, I'd a'thought you were at my place! Good job on the goodies! My favorites are the buffalo's. Don't see too many of them anymore, and to make things worse, I grew up spending them! :P :P That's what I bought my coke and moon pie with every afternoon after school at the gas station across the street from our house. Think "Back to the Future." ha!
I know! I really did think about you while we were out there! I guess it was this time of year last year that we were all digging up the goodies at Noodle's place! :D I miss ya, girl!

IMG_3553.jpg

River Rat said:
Great finds, Nana :thumbsup: Nice to see Terri, look like you gals had a good time.

:wink: RR
Thanks, RR! :)

allen said:
that is a biiiiig tree...
Yes, it is, Allen!

Thanks ya'll! Have a great week! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
really cool stuff guys

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
So you guys are around Bhm/Tuscaloosa? I'd like to hook up with someone who could teach me how to MD well. I've got an ACE 250, but haven't really gotten the hang of it.

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
WE " ALABAMAIANS" KNOW HOW TO THE RELICS,,, LOL :thumbsup:

GOOD JOB ON THE FINDS,,,,,,

GOOD TO SEE SOME BAMARS ON BOARD

MLHUDSON

Attachments

• ADLOGO2008-407x369.jpg
    ADLOGO2008-407x369.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 222
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STH69 said:
really cool stuff guys

Thanks, ST. :)

1996 said:
sweet finds nana. :) :) :) :)

Thank ya, 96. :wink:

alabamadan said:
So you guys are around Bhm/Tuscaloosa? I'd like to hook up with someone who could teach me how to MD well. I've got an ACE 250, but haven't really gotten the hang of it.

Just north of B'ham, Dan. There's a bunch of us Bama folks here on Tnet. It would be awesome to have a site that we could meet up and hunt and chat about detecting....maybe a Saturday or Sunday thing? Just difficult to find a relic site to get permission for a group. We could go to one of the bigger parks around I suppose? I'm sure that one of these folks could help you. :) I can think of at least two that have the 250.

mlhudson said:
WE " ALABAMAIANS" KNOW HOW TO THE RELICS,,, LOL :thumbsup:

GOOD JOB ON THE FINDS,,,,,,

GOOD TO SEE SOME BAMARS ON BOARD

MLHUDSON

:wave: Thanks, ML! :)

Bridge End Farm said:
awesome finds

Thank you Beefy! Hope you're feeling better! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread