49.6 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
It looks to me like Silver, but being that I'm no Silver expert....Could it be a lower grade? Not 925? Somebody here will surely give you the correct info.

Nice find by the way! Welcome to the Forum! ;)

Happy Hunting!

Moon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, and Welcome the forum...
Great find, WTG!!!? ?If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, I think that gold is marked with that number, it may be white gold...
I'm sure someone here will give you a more definite answer...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Silver Reticulation Alloy
820 parts fine silver, 180 parts copper
Reticulation
Reticulation is a decorative jewelry making technique, which involves creating a wrinkled or decorative surface on a special silver alloy. The technique has its origins dating back to the 1870's in the studios of Carl Faberge in Russia. The standard silver of that time was 82% silver and 18% copper and, occasionally, the Faberge metalsmiths overheated the alloy and got the curious reticulation effect. At first it was dismissed as a mistake. However, in time, reticulation was used as a surface texturing technique on a variety of boxes, lockets, whiskey flasks and other items of flatware and jewelry. The technique yields unique patterns each time; no two pieces are alike.

R

rvbvetter

? ? ?Well if that's all the info you have. ? ? ? ? ?

? ? ? Actually; Great information Omni?!! ? ? ? ? ? WTG!!!! HH

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
Could it possible be inscribed as '825' which means 82.5% silver vs. 925 (92.5%) which is sterling silver?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions