Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting an old house here in town that I have posted about previously. I finished there and had permission from a neighbor to hunt his corner lot next door where they tore down a house last year. The place is across the street from a grade school that closed last year and this must be the reason that this yard was full of pennies. Found a lot of clad and a few wheaties and after a couple of hours of hunting I was working my way back towards my van when I hit a solid 90 VDI. Figured I'd find a squashed can but the pin point seemed smaller than a can. Down about 5 inches out comes this Walker. Except for the small nick on the front, the coin is in perfect condition. Needless to say I was grinning. :D

half1.jpg

half2.jpg

Upvote 0

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
NICE COIN!! THAT GOES FOR 200 IN AU GRADE. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO GRADE COINS? 525 IN MINT STATE 60. WILLY.

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
dfx willy said:
NICE COIN!! THAT GOES FOR 200 IN AU GRADE. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO GRADE COINS? 525 IN MINT STATE 60. WILLY.
The ding is gonna kill it though.
Im feeling bad about it and I didnt dig it!
If I get a signal like that I make the hole alot bigger than usual.
I dont want to get anywhere near it.
Either way,
Great find!!!

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Great find! And nice coin! IMO that's not AU. Look at the high points. They are kind of flat. It's more like XF. So it's worth about $65.00. Person above, 1918S in AU is $200 not $500. You were thinking of the 1918D. Anyways nice coin! $65.00 while enjoying your hobby. Thats pretty nice! ;D

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
That is a beauty, but it is also worn. Not G-4 worn, but worn. Curious thing, those 18S's; I've found two at the silver farm and now Schrecky finds one. What are all those S Walkers doing in Western PA?

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy that felt good to unearth, didn't it? I dug one up on Monday..not as old as yours though!

WTG :thumbsup:
Nat

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW wow WOW ~ that is one nice Walking Liberty Half ~ CONGRAT'S!!!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I doubt the coin is AU because of the wear, but still a sweet coin and the small nick must hurt the value a little as well! But you know what, its yours and its still a beauty!! Congrats on a very nice coin!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread