Cleaning the house and found an old treasure!

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the middle of my spring clean today and came across an old treasure collection I gathered up 10yrs ago in Poland.
The coins are mostly from Poland, but some are from USSR, USA, England, Denmark, Germany, France, Tonga, Australia, Singapore, I also have some Mint notes from Poland, CCCP, Australia and Singapore.
Some other items of interest are the leather working knife, 2 x Stamp Albums full of stamps! and a box of stamps too.

I doubt its worth anything, but still a pretty good find on a rainy day inside :)

Attachments

• all_small.jpg
    all_small.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 531
  • usa_coins.jpg
    usa_coins.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 510
  • old_knife_small.jpg
    old_knife_small.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 520
  • english_coins.jpg
    english_coins.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great Collection. It always fun to "find" you own stuff! You stick it away and time goes by and then BAMMO! You come across it and it's cool again! The knife is cool too!

Happy Hunting!

Moon

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
I often think how cool it would be to help some of our older residents "Clean out" their attics for them. HAS to be some great stuff hiding up there. Then I come back to reality and remember WHY I don't volunteer for such activities ... I absolutely HATE spiders !! :o

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Great stuff.
I like to do the same thing and dig out the treasures, fondle them and get reacquainted once in a while.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great re-find,,, thats what I call' em,,, I re-find my stuff all the time... ;D
As far as the spring cleaning goes,,, I didn't get to it last spring, so I'll wait for the next one... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The knife is an old navy boatswain knife.Made for deck work. Cool collection :).

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys and Girls :)

I think my mum and aunty collected most of the stamps (not shown) and some polish coins, I actually found them in a old family holiday house in the Polish highlands, the temp fell below minus 20, the pipes froze over and cracked and I was basically snowed in.
In an attempt to keep myself sane I started searching through some old stuff in the roof, after coming across a dead bird I was a bit turned off and on the way out spied a stranged box, in it is what you see in my collection, besides the knife and key chain.

The El Salvador and US coins are from when my partner came back into Australia 5yrs ago, so there not that old. The others are dated around the 60's/70's so they would be from when my parents were growing up.

P.S: I was hoping to find something of value so I could sell it and buy a decent metal detector :'(

Anyhow... couple of more pics ;)

Attachments

• mint_russian_paper.jpg
    mint_russian_paper.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 301
  • mint_polish_paper.jpg
    mint_polish_paper.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 320
  • crazy_coins.jpg
    crazy_coins.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 314
OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's most of em....
Now... to setup my home made electrolysis setup and clean em all :P

Attachments

• polish_zloty2.jpg
    polish_zloty2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 290
  • polish_zlotych.jpg
    polish_zlotych.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 291
  • usa_onecent.jpg
    usa_onecent.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 282
P

PrizmIV

Nice! One time I was cleaning out our basement and found a metal tin that was golfed themed, I opened it and found a role of mercs and modern change. No idea where it came from but a role of mercs is always nice! ;)

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty cool :)

I've bult my electrolysis machine and I've just cleaned up a couple of coins... later on I'll make a topic in the Artifact/Coin Cleaning & Preservation part of the forum and post the latest pics there.

Believe me the results are stunning! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions