relocating ft russel this morning

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
hello all...this morning a friend and i went to n. fla...(about 125 mile trip for us) in hopes of relocating ft russel...a second seminole fortsite that he had been to 5 yrs ago and i had hunted 20 yrs ago! his last hunt there 5 yrs ago was good...a few musketballs, 6 buttons, and an 1837 dime! i had found a couple buttons, and a few musketballs on my last hunt there (about 20 yrs ago) we had thought we could just drive there and hunt (within reason) NOT THE CASE...upon getting to the area...everything had changed...way back when ...we had a map that showed us exactly the # of miles and tenths to drive off a major road to turn to go into the woods to hunt ect...we didnt have that this time...anyways...when we got to what we thought was the area...there was a huge area...(like 1000 acres) that had been cleared and has been farmed ect...for peanuts and other crops! we saw a man disking with a tractor and i stopped and talked to this man and was able to get permission to search for the fort! we didnt relocate the fort...but we did come up with black glass pieces of bottles (circa 1830,s) a watch key (im thinking) a musketball (58 cal), and a few small grapeshot, a few pottery shards, and a little lead! Im including a few pics ...comments are more than welcome as to the pottery shards as to time period...im fairly sure these are fort period items...you tell me! we will go back asap, as soon as we can locate our old maps we had that show the exact mile and tenths till we turn into the area...with that...we can find the fort again im sure...happy hunting....bigscrub...im having trouble with the pics...ill try to get then on here asap..

Upvote 0

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Still found something not a total loss

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
here are a couple pics of the period glass , shards,watch key and a musketball(58 cal)...smile,bigscrub

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0044.JPG
    tn_IMG_0044.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 192
  • tn_IMG_0046.JPG
    tn_IMG_0046.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 198

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional