Last minute wheatie saves the day!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out early this morning to beat the rain, and drove a few neighborhoods over to an elementary school I hadn't made it to yet. The school was built in the 30s, and I don't think it's been hunted much. I hit the woodchip playground, and found coins on just about every sweep of the coil! Totaled 7Q, 12D, 5N, and 19 memorials in about 45 minutes, in a 30'x30' area. and there were alot of 6" and deeper hits I didn't bother to dig because I knew I was fighting time. It started raining, so on the way back to the car, I get a penny signal on the dirt path between the payground and the parking lot, decide to dig it, and up pops a 1916 wheatie from 4" deep! One thng I have learned is to always dig these last minute, walking back to the car desparation swings, as I have found a few nice coins this way, lol! Heres the pics, and HH!

Attachments

• 10-22-05 Finds 1.JPG
    10-22-05 Finds 1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the crappy pics, my digital hasn't been the same since I dropped it a few weeks ago! Here's the wheatie. I'm gonna get back to this school as soon as I can, as it has a nice big baseball field right next to the playground, and based on this wheatie being only 4" deep, right smack dab in the middle of the path like it was, I may have some fairly unhunted ground to cover!!

Attachments

• 10-22-05 Finds 2.JPG
    10-22-05 Finds 2.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 293
  • 10-22-05 Finds 3.JPG
    10-22-05 Finds 3.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 288

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congrats on the wheatie! I love finding those. Gotta love those playgrounds too. I'm thinking of hittin a couple myself today!

Happy Hunting!

Moon

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find that baby looks to be in good shape for the time it was in the dirt.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so funny,but its absolutely true.I have dug quite a few keepers on those last swings of desparation myself.WTG!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Kidd!

Just a few more seconds and......look what you got! ;D

Congrats!

Nana ;)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like being rewarded for trying so hard. I have even found a Wheatie right by my trunk as I was getting ready to put the machine away. That's the way it goes......

HH,
Sandman

A

agbonanza

WTG!!! Sounds like you have found a great spot...HH and keep us up to date

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions