Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, got home from work Friday night and decided to take the kids up to the old park, and let them tire themselves out, while I did a little detecting. Well, by the time we got there, and got the kids fixed up with some untangled swings (someone had swung them over the bar, and cinched them up tight to the top the night before) that left me with only about 15 minutes of daylight left, so I decided I better make good use of the time. First hit was penny, then a clad dime. Next hit was a wheat cent, and then it was time to go, so I am doing one of those rapid walk back to the car searches, the kind like the one where I found the 1864 Indian head last weekend, and it worked again. It wasn't as old, but an Indian is an Indian. This one was an 1896. Then it rained on Saturday, and the already saturated ground, was like a sponge, so detecting was out.

So Sunday it was then. I got our for a little bit longer then I did Friday night, and had a little bit better day. The first hit was a Timex watch face followed by two pennys. A few pulls tabs and foil hits were followed by a 1943-P Silver nickel, which was followed by a 1917-S wheat cent. Next came a 1950 wheat cent, and then a 1906 Indian head. Right next to the Indian was a 1919 Buffalo nickle and next to that was a 1924 Buffalo, and next to it was a 1946 wheat cent. The next coin was a 1916 wheat cent, and then an old nail and screw. The Indian head right up to the screw were all found in an area about two square feet. Well, now that I had two Buffalos, I needed another Indian, right? Well, it was pull tab city and foil ville for the next several targets. Ironically, one of the pull tabs even had "Do not litter" on it, and a hand with a ribbon tied around the index finger. Well, things were looking good for the Indians twin, because the next target was a 14kt gold (plated) ring, only I didn't know it until I got it home. It looked like the lawnmower had hit it, several times, and when my wife tried to straighten it out a little, it broke alot. Well, I then moved to the area where I had found the 1864 Indian head last week, and guess what? I got the twin for the day, 1902. Now if I could just find one more piece of silver, I'd have twins in buffalos, Indians and silver, however the park was not going to yield anymore silver today.

Anthony

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! What a story!! :o

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!!!

Congrats!

;)

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good little run.

Foilville too funny

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one great site!!WTG!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats some park youve got to hunt there! sounds like you might be the first to hit it. great finds!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread