Nice Eagle Button

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone, Been real busy this past week and haven't had any forum time. I had a good weekend detecting and found alot of cool stuff. The only problem is the kids rearranged my scanner settings. So I'm still having some troubles with it. The size is a problem. My wife set it up again and now I have to relearn the whole process again on this new scanner.

I was able to fit the button because it is small. I found it in a old grove on Saturday. When I get the pics and scanner right I'll post the rest of the relics and coins.

This button is very large. About the size of a half dollar almost. It reads on the back Waterbury button co Conn. It was in really nice shape. Still has the solid shank attached on the back. I haven't seen any this large or found any this big. I think it is from WW1 correct me if I'm wrong. Was this a coat button. I know it's a general service button but would like to know if the larger one's are rarer. I haven't seen any this size on the net.

Thanks again Jeremy

Attachments

• Scan10009.jpg
    Scan10009.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Nice button JerDFX!!! I have one just like it... it's big! Mine still has some gold-gilt left on it as well. I dug mine at a very active WW1 military base, and from my understanding as well, it is indeed a WW1 button.

Very cool find! Congrats!

Attachments

• PICT0468small.jpg
    PICT0468small.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 210
B

Bo Hott

These buttons were also used during the Civil War, I got one too.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button!

HH

Lonewolfe

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice, WTG!!!
Looks to be in great shape...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I found the same type, 'cept smaller. their is other post here abot that button, do a search on it here and you will gets some links. By the way the button is NOT civil war.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Hey, goldencoin... your smaller version of this button. What are the markings on the back? I found 2 smaller ones that say 'Liebmann MFG Co, Newark NJ" and can't find a thing out about that company, online or otherwise. Just curious if your smaller one said the same thing or what. Thanks in advance...

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
Like Beetle said, and in point of fact, the same buttons are in use today on the USAF dress uniform at least, I know for a fact. Of course, there is no gold on them now, and I don't even think there was any gilding in WWI

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread