Attachments

• IMG_2164a.jpg
    IMG_2164a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 908
Upvote 0

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
Goodness, Gracious ALive, man WHERE did you dig THAT!???? That might be the find of the year, whether or not it has any value in metal terms, that is one unique disemboweler!

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Where did you find it, what metal is it made of, what are its measurements, is it solid or hollow....? To me at first glance I thought of some sort of sword, but I could way, way off.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Not A clue,,, but that is one interesting find...
Looks like something the grim reeper might have lost... Tis the season... ;D
Good lcuk & Happy hunting~

L

lancemxt2006

wow you dont find one of those everyday.

unusual find...

HH lance

IrishCharlieM

Oct 20, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Does it look like maybe a pole would or could attach to it. How about some other photo angles and some measurements. Inland or near the ocean. I have seen examples of Boarding hooks (used to board ships) like this.

A cool find whatever it is.

Heck for all we know it could be a farmers cropping tool.

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
:D Yes I have a idea ...I was raised on a ranch and if it had a better handle on it it would be a hook you pick bales of hay up with to throw on a flat trailer or just move. Where did you find it ? I live it Wichita Kansas and still own one in my shedd. LOL Don't think it can't be use as one evil weapon! ?;D
?Hope this helps get your minds working. Because I don't see a handle on it. So I don't think my suggestion is right.

?HH
?Gigi

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snee said:
...or even a spear head...

Looks like one of those old martial arts weapons that hit a hard spot in some armor

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a hook at all its a bent top to a weather vein or of the decrative sort for a barn or house............

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like something to pick up burlap sacks, like on a loading dock. Neat find whatever it is.

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, to answer measurements, it is about 7" long, hollow at the base (for skrew?), it is very sharp at the end. I found it by a farm at about 4" deep (pretty deep for that item). Someone on chat suggested it was a hook for hay bales from the 1890's. However I think it is too sharp for that. Maybe a meat hook. Keep on suggesting please.

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
it is me that said we used them for picking up bales of hay on my dads farm in Texas.
i called him this morning he said that is the same thing his dad used when he was a kid putting it around 1890's my dad said yes the tip is very sharp and he still have them in the barn somewhere.
good luck..

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID