My First Ring on Ace 250!!

Trozell

Greenie
Feb 9, 2009
CT
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,DFX,Garrett pointer
Hi all Ive been at this only since January, when my wife got me into this for my birthday. I must say it is addictive. The first few months were spent on the sand in Fla. Got loads of clad coins and some earrings and charms. I was anxious to get back to CT and try some older ground in hopes of older finds. My neighbors house is early 1800s or earlier and they were all for me digging up their yard. I found out two things right away. One turn off the electric dog fence and two, turf is lots harder than sand! However my dreams of glory were not to be fully met today. I turned up mostly newer coins. The good finds were my first , I believe silver ring and the oldest coin a 1951 wheat penny. The ring was found under 3 inches of turf. I thought it was a quarter. There are no markings on it and it was as bright as you see it when I found it. Earlier in the week I tried my sisters house in Brooklyn, built around 1890s, there my best finds were 1913 wheat pennies. So I guess I will have to stay on the hunt for that older silver. Thanks for looking.

John B

Attachments

• silver2_0025.jpg
    silver2_0025.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 539
  • silver2_0024.jpg
    silver2_0024.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 537
Upvote 0

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
NIce ring :thumbsup: I haven't had too much luck with older silver coins either. Most of the reason is I live in a fairly small town and the parks here have been hunted over and over. I plan on hitting some much older sites on private property this year so it should get better.

HH Charlie

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring your first one is always the hardest to find after that hurddle there is many more to come

Swingit

Apr 29, 2007
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
Welcome To TreasureNet!!!
Nice Finds!!!
Like The Ring :thumbsup:
HH!! Swingit

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
great job the ACE rocks, I'm naming mine quarter slot, because since I'v had it over 40 bucks in qtrs, 5 times out

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Well done... The Ace is a great detector, once you get used to it's little idiosyncrasies!! :thumbsup:

dieharddigger

Dec 1, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/E-Trac
Welcome to T-net! Sounds like you have some good site's to hunt. Keep trying,the oldie's are there waiting for you!

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NICE RING. LIKE THE WORD THAT STEVE USED. IDIOSYNCRASIES. I WOULD LIKE A RING LIKE THAT TWO AND BE IDIOSYNCRASIES. :thumbsup:

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very nice ring! I love my Ace 250! Many good times with it so far. Welcome to our addiction! :tard:

HH,
Moon

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Trozell :icon_sunny:

It's a nice silver ring. I have found quite few silver rings that were not marked in any way. Probably custom made.

Thanks for posting. Nice photos. :thumbsup:

P

Pentico

Sweet first ring.
You will never forget your first, congrats!

DN

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net and Congrats on the beautiful ring, looking forward to seeing more of your finds!!!

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions