Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am not done cleaning these yet, but figured I'd post them now. According to, "Neumann and Kravic's Collectors Encyclopedia of The American Revolution", this particular style was used from 1750-1780 and can be seen on page 247. I believe this would be a transitional style of the later half of the dates posted 1780. The kind I have would be a combination of the 2 styles illustrated and described, which leads me to believe the transition of both styles, hence the later date. There also seems to be a small leaf and vine pattern on the outer edge of the frame just where the crud starts.(Can't see it in the scan) :'( There is a striking green patina from the brass coating over an iron frame. Pretty kool! Will try to clean better and see in the next few days. Note the small piece of twine, still on the bridge for comfort and buffering of the nose. Tried to locate the other half but couldn't find them. Maybe next time.

Attachments

• my05^005.jpg
    my05^005.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 650
  • my05^006.jpg
    my05^006.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
AWESOME!!
HH
Baggins

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Wow cool find, congrats

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great find for you. I like the buttons on your other post as well. I have a feeling the drought will end soon and the coins will really start poppin for you. I believe a drought could be in store for me as all of our fields are getting planted also. Good luck to you.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some find. Very nice. Congrats......

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a BEAUTIFUL find!

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be great to find the other half............keep checking that area, ya might just get lucky.............cool spec's........... :thumbsup:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
I'd take those glasses over a pocket full of coppers. Such a personal type relic is hard to beat in my book. In teresting to see the twine attached . I can just picture the colonial dude wrapping his glasses. Congratulations Hogge.
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread