Detector(s) used
ace 250
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, sounds like next winter would be a good time to hit that site. Or maybe mow it. ;D

HH, Ringfinder

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I get a decent area to hunt and it is a old place with tall grass I will mow it first then do the detecting...Matt

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Cant tell if its decent only went once last week and feet got soaked lol but grass was so tall this guy is early sixty to late 50 and he grew up there house and buildings are tore down, and around the corner there are 2 other sites that used to be tennants that worked on the farm he said those houses are gone also but that ground is now farmed. Anyway the way these old yard trees look this has to be a awesome site.

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds to be productive site. Heres my suggestion find a sturdy piece of cardboard farly wide and long or what ever you can come up with. Lay it on top of the tall grass walk on it. Then try and run your coil over it. If you get a siginal remove the cardboard and try and pinpoint the area. This actually works, you might lose a little depth but what the heck it beats waiting around.

M

MiniMe

Or take a push mower and mow a strip at a time as you hunt. Sounds like a really good place, even the farmed land, especially when they first turn over the ground...great time to hunt it. Good luck, I'm sure there's a lot to find there. Keep us updated.

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I may try the cardboard thing this sounds like it may work probally 2 acres to hunt but at least will get a feel for the site.
:thumbsup:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A weedeater works good too. Weed whack about 10 minutes...detect....week whack another 10 minutes ...detect!

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
I hear ya the tall grass really messes you up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread