1st time out

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
Well I finally got out of the front yard and went to a local park. Found some foil, a rusty nail, a pull tab, then started finding lots of broken glass while I was digging. Not good on the fingers. Decided to try the other park. I found 2 pennies in the parking lot detector was off. LOL ::) Do those count? I went around the kiddie playground got a nice solid hit read 4 inches but it was a penny right on top. I dug several holes that I never found the target. I didn't want to dig a pit like I did in the front yard to many people watching. I did find another penny my pin point missed it by about 2 inches when I went to dig I saw it laying on top next to where I was gonna dig. I picked it up and checked the target was gone so that was it. I may just need more practice. The dirt was great digging, way better than my clay and gravel front yard. My total haul for the day 4 cents. I think that was a success.

Totally unrelated topic. I was helping my brother today run a dryer vent pipe under his house. He saw a rat messing around under the plastic. I jumped in the car ran to the house grabbed my pellet gun. I realized I didn't have any pellets. The only thing I could find was an old crossbow pistol I have had for years. Strung it up grabbed the bolts. He was still there when I got back. I took a shot at about 12 feet away laying under the house and nailed him just below the ears. My 1st bow kill this year. We took pictures but will not be getting it mounted. ;)

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
H,

smart move in not getting it mounted; takes away the fat that gives the meat that special flavor.

On your topic, is it dirt under the house?; if so, why not give it a try with your detector.

have a good un...........

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL about the rat! Last year, I found a mole running around under my house and ran to get my M9 airsoft gun. I took him down with satisfaction. ;D. Anyway, keep it up with MDing.

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Hoggtyed,

If you need to practice pinpointing try burying a coin two or three inches deep in your yard and mark the exact spot with a wooden golf tee. Then try to pinpoint and you can look at the tee and see how far off you are.

Kent

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little tip if needed. I hope you vented the dryer to the outdoors. Venting it under the house causes mold. Code here in Calif. won't allow it. BTW, my son got 2 mice in my shop this weekend with a pellet rifle. Got one BB stuck in the wall. If he can get 2 with a BB I must have a few more out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread