Another satisfied on-looker

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Well, I finally got out to hunt at my usual park today. I had a little boy who showed up on a bike helping me the whole time. He was about 9 or 10 and was legitimately excited when we unearthed something. Mostly pennies were found of course with an occasional pin or pull tab. He also was really impressed with the fact that we could make the hole we just dug look like we wern't even there.

My last hit before I had to leave came up as a quarter, so I had him recover it using my Tinytec and it turned out being a copper ring! Wow, was he excited.

All in all, we found 2d, 11p, American pin, and that copper ring.

Hopefully he got some good tips from me, which I really believe he did, on how to recover items from the ground. I took some pics of the park for your viewing enjoyment.

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Attachments

• IMG_0968_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0968_1_1_1.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0969_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0969_1_1_1.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0966_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0966_1_1_1.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0967_1_3_1.JPG
    IMG_0967_1_3_1.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

Looks like you made a new treasure hunter.
Nice pictures.

Oct 2, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Great Finds!
I couldn't believe it when I saw that picture of the park. I said to myself, now that place looks very familiar. And of course it does, because I've been there. I grew up in South Glens Falls and probably only about 5 miles from there. :) Small world. Good Luck with hunting.

I know of a good place you might want to check out. It's an underground foundation close to the hudson river and its dated very old. I don't know the exact date, but it would definitely be worth checking out. I haven't lived up there for 10 years now, but I remember this place as I discovered it when I was just a kid.

Here's the directions....
You want to follow Nolan rd towards the hudson river. Just before nolan rd turns into a steep hill heading down towards the river is the location. Just as you begin to head down the hill (about 15 ft), look right. Head into the woods there and within about 30 ft or so you will find the location. It's quite hidden. It has a flat rock roof on it and its covered with dirt. You may only be able to see the opening to walk down into it. The place is a bit creepy. Bring a flash light. It's all undergound and very dark. It has dirt floors. Here's a link to put you in the vicinity. Look for nolan rd on the map and good luck. Please let me know if you get out there and find anything.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=nolan+rd&csz=so.+glens+falls,+ny&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice digs, WTG!!!
And it was very nice of you to let the boy tag alone. I'm sure he will remember it for quite sometime...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful park!!! I know you two had a great time!

Nana ;)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
What a cool story and the pics are just great. Looks very similar to Downtown Aiken where I live.

Happy Hunting!

Moon

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the pictures, Dug. Sometimes kids who "help" can be sooooo annoying and sometimes they truly are interested and helpful. You probably made his day. Good job.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool!

hh

lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread