A Freaky Dude with a 450 HP Mustang

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
With daylight so short now I decided to stay close to home and spent 2 hours hitting about 3000 square feet across the street from me I hadn't tried before between the street and the neighbor's creek.

The freaky guy seems to be the front of a kid's ring with the rest of it torn off.

The 450 HP Mustang is a Hot Wheels Mustang Stocker, copyright 1974. ALL the cool cars I find have the top smashed in...

I also found a 1946 Wheat, 6 deep Memorial cents from the 60's and 70's, and only one zinc cent. I also dug 6 deep melted aluminum blobs that were scattered by the creek. They all sounded like silver so I had to dig them, but after the third one I was getting really annoyed!

Attachments

• mustang.JPG
    mustang.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Annoyed? Doesn't every detector have a display of aluminum blobs?
Seriously (more or less) , it's pretty obvious how Hot Wheels stays in business. Those things must get lost more often than anything else! About the smashed in tops...I had six brothers when I was a kid and we would often line up cars and run bikes over them. Have no idea why.

grizzly bare

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
When I was a kid,I would smash them with a hammer

so they looked like they crashed. The freaky dude

looks like a pirate with that eye patch.

HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found cars this weekend too.....and the ring....It's probably a Picasso! :D

Nana

redbird

Jul 29, 2005
man at first i thought you were talking about me, so i started to wonder "what have i done lately that would pi$$ someone off??" but mine is a copyright 1995 and it doesnt have quite 450 HP

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've found a few die cast cars in really good shape in some sand boxes under the playground equipment, unfortunately they're hard to play with cause the wheel wells are full of sand.... ;-)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I agree with Nana..........Picasso for sure!! :P I like the little red car....way cool!

Happy Hunting,

Moon

OP
OP
S

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Thanks everyone! I had never heard of a Picasso face before, not much into art. It does sure look like some of the ones I see on the Internet. One of these days I'll post my entire mini-klunker car lot I keep adding to.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Sugar, that is a freaky ring.

I know what you mean about the blobs. They allway ring up sooooo nice, like silver. And then you dig up these little blobs and you keep them cuz they ring up so nice.........like silver. :D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds!

hh

lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread