Finds from 11/9/05 wed. in nw ohio

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, just got logged in again. I saw this form and had to add my two cents. I found a 1890 Indian head penny and a 1897 shielded nickel today. The nickel is really worn bad and you can just make out the date. But a old nickle is an old nickle. I was using a minelab sovereign XS 2-A Pro. It's getting late or I would have sent along some pictures, maybe later if anyone wants to look at them. By the way I found them at an old school site in NW Ohio

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.....I wanna see that penny and that nickel! ;)

Congrats on your finds!!! Post those pics!!!

Nana ;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Indian Heads, and Shielded Nickels are both great finds, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds nice!

Post a pic or 2!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Finds from 11/9/05 wed. in nw ohio (New Pics posted 11/10/05)

Ok guys, jusst got back on and I have photos. I have also added a 1876 Seated Quarter that I found today at the same site and another Indian Head penny dated 1890. I also found a 14 k gold wedding band with a crown inside of it next to the 14. Also found a couple of buttons, man what a good site. Sure glad the farmers here in Ohio keep plowing those fields. Actually this was a bean field that once had a school house on it. For those non believer's who don't think the Garrett 250 isn't any good. I brought my buddy along who has a Garrett 250. He found a 1910 Barber Dime and a 1890, not sure of the date Seated Dime. He also found a really small bracelet. I couldn't even pick it up with my Sovereign. I'll tell you for a inexpensive metal detector, you can't beat the Garrett 250. I also have one and have found Indian heads and silver dimes with it.

Attachments

• coins and ring.jpg
    coins and ring.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 182
  • coins found thursday.jpg
    coins found thursday.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 137
  • back side of coins found thursday.jpg
    back side of coins found thursday.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 130

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread