civil war eagle button, revolutionary war spectacles

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
The button field keeps on giving. Only got out for two hours this afternoon. Had to put the snow blower on the John Deere, (how depressing), and get everything ready for winter.
Found a nice General Services eagle button which could date from 1854 or later. No back on it so I won't be able to dated it any closer than that.
The half of the specticles date from 1750 to 1780 according to Neumann and Kravic's Collector's Illustrated Enc"yclopedia of the American Revolution" Page 247.
The small button could be scottish, it has thistle flowers on it. The larger button is an early 1800 tombac button, and the small coin (size of half dime) is a chinese cash coin, that I cannot identify yet.
I was really excited about the eagle button, since it is my first from the civil war era. I have found another but it is from the indian wars.
The evening ended with a beautiful sunset and the sound of hunters in the backround, (deer season). Thanks for looking.
..Lance

Attachments

• Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 327.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 327.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 499
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 323.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 323.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds LANCE.

Wish for Spring :)

jeff

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great going Lance! Yep, the snow is on the way I'm sorry to say.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
In the winter, you have the snow & cold, here in the south it is the best time for relic hunting. In the summer while you are out hunting I am just thinking about it, To hot,to many bugs & snakes. I guess we all have to play the hand we are dealt. Have a good winter, stay warm, do your research and the spring will be here before you know it. trk5capt....

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Well Bro as usual you have done well! Congrats, it is always good to go out with great finds. I hope that you will come out here in Feb and detect with me thaw out and see what we can find. Until then hope for warm weather and maybe you will get out again.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Lance great button! congrats, and nice sunset pic!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just beautiful as always!!!

Congrats!!!

Nana ;)

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? ?Hey!! ? ?Great CW Eagle button!!! ? The age and Quality of the finds you make, I can only dream of. ? ?WTG!!! ? ? ? ? ? ?HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs,,, WTG!!!
That field definitely looks different at sunset...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread