Found 36 cents -- only $358.64 more to go!

Jul 25, 2004
Hi all,

I'm Mark, a newbie to these forums. I live in S.E. Michigan and will turn 50 all too soon. I got interested in metal detecting after stumbling into these forums a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I bought a White's Prizm IV and visited the site where I lost a monogramed 10k gold ring in a fistfight WAY back when I was 13 years old. (I was getting my butt kicked until I realized the ring was missing, then I got mad enough to turn things around -- but I obviously never found the ring.) The terrain at the site (near a freeway overpass) has been re-arranged a bit, but I figured it was a good place to start since middle school kids (and other folks) have been cutting through there for almost 50 years. I dug more than my share of trash before getting my first coin - a Canadian penny - followed by a Canadian quarter and a 1972 U.S. dime.

The Prizm IV set me back $359.00 at a local hobby shop, so I figure I'm only $358.64 short of paying for it with finds. (I'm kidding -- while it'd be nice to find enough to pay for it, that doesn't need to happen to make it an enjoyable pastime.)

Thanks for all of the helpful info you folks have posted here.

Shalom,
Mark

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread