Bolivar Peninsula Finds 7/25/09

B

Big1011Guy

Claudia and I went to Bolivar Peninsula Saturday (7/25) Afternoon to do some detecting and to see how Bolivar and surrounding towns are progressing after Hurricane Ike pretty much Wiped Out the Peninsula. Claudia also has never been on a Ferry before.
The wait time to get on the Ferry at Galveston to go to Bolivar was 1 Hour and 30 Minutes, so if you are thinkin' about goin' be sure and pack a lunch/snacks and drinks.
Bolivar Peninsula has progressed fairly well. We drove all the way down to High Island, and the roads are fine, there were 3 Gas Stations, several restaurants, and the rebuilding of beach houses is coming along. There's still a lot of damaged homes and businesses, but Bolivar Peninsula is Re-Building, it will just take some time. The wait time for Ferry from Bolivar to Galveston was only 1 Hour ;D
Claudia enjoyed the Ferry Ride so the Wait Time was worth it.

As you will see in the attached pictures Claudia is definitely doing her part in cleaning up the beaches. She likes the all metal mode on the Ace 250 and enjoys diggin' it all. She found our 1st Wheat Penny (1944?).
My Modified Long Handled Sand Scoop with the Added Wire Mesh and Magnets Worked Great. There is a lot of Trash/Metal Junk at Bolivar Peninsula, but we got exercise and had fun, and that is what is truly important.
Guy

Attachments

• Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 001.JPG
    Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 001.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 496
  • Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 002.JPG
    Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 002.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 490
  • Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 003.JPG
    Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 003.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 004.JPG
    Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 004.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 491
  • Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 013.JPG
    Bolivar Island Hunt 7-25-09 013.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 482
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice. I'm proud you enjoyed you ride on the ferry. Its been a long time since I've crossed it. I do go to crystal beach once in a while. Never find very much, but the grandkids have fun while I detect a little. Happy Hunting, and good luck.

Old River

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

Old River said:
Very nice. I'm proud you enjoyed you ride on the ferry. Its been a long time since I've crossed it. I do go to crystal beach once in a while. Never find very much, but the grandkids have fun while I detect a little. Happy Hunting, and good luck.

Old River

Thanks, Old River

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
looks like you had a great time hunting!
congrats on the relics and coins! :thumbsup:

tndigger

Mar 11, 2009
tn
Detector(s) used
teknetics T2
:icon_pirat:
Always fun getting out and having the chance of finding something!

" if you dont go you wont know"

OP
OP
B

Big1011Guy

tndigger said:
:icon_pirat:
Always fun getting out and having the chance of finding something!

" if you dont go you wont know"

Yep, Headin' out tonight for Low Tide.
Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread