On a mission!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Went to the old farm again to continue the hunt that last produced a Barber half and several other great finds. I was on a mission to grab an Injun out of this yard. I was hoping to grab up a few more keepers but this football field size area just put the hurtin on the old arm swing. But I think I was victorious in this particular mission :icon_thumright:

Started out finding the trash pit around a huge Walnut tree. A few junk items like tubes of old toothpaste and melted metal. It was way too trashy to pick apart. Moved a little further from that tree and things settled down a bit. My hunting partner Don found a piece of a huge Crotal Bell and I found a lid with some imprinted design of an old bucket and washboard with some kid hanging clothes on the line. :icon_scratch: Then after about the 50 yard line of this field I finally got a wheatie. A 1955 d(no double die). Then Don found another piece of the huge crotal bell at about 12 inches. It fit perfectly to the other piece. Then about 20 feet away I found the 3rd piece that also fit perfectly to the other two. A little glue and we're in business ;D

Then at about the 99 yard line of the 100 yard field I finally got a decent penny signal that dropped off a bit to more of a whisper. Dug the 1890 Injun with that nice patina. I was geeked now and still had to go back to the front yard and go over the area where we found the Barber half. Went right back over the same plug that was cut for the Barber half and got a penny/dime signal. Don said "No Way did we miss one there." Popped out the same plug from before and out pops a pristine 1944 Merc. Holy Cow this day turned out great. My mission accomplished and we were both whipped from the heat and the baking sun. But all in all I figure it was a success :thumbsup: Hope all is well with everyone out in Tnet land. Check ya later and be safe out there. jgas

Attachments

• Lidecker hunt 2.JPG
    Lidecker hunt 2.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 408
  • Lidecker hunt 3.JPG
    Lidecker hunt 3.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 405
  • Lidecker hunt 4.JPG
    Lidecker hunt 4.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 405
  • Lidecker hunt 5.JPG
    Lidecker hunt 5.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Lidecker hunt 6.JPG
    Lidecker hunt 6.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 406
  • Lidecker Hunt.JPG
    Lidecker Hunt.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Love the whatsit with the clothes line and wash board! Very cool! And congrats on the coinage too...... :hello2:

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread