My first piece of jewelry with the ACE 250

snyper77

Nov 27, 2008
Greenwood, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Summer temps here in Mississippi has been 100+ heat indexes and the ground is like concrete. We recently had several days of rain and the ground is moist. About 30 minutes before dark today, I figured I'd walk across the street from my house to an elementary school yard. Connected to the school's property is a large field of nicely manicured grass where neighborhood kids play football, train their dogs, practice golf, etc.

I grabbed the Ace 250 and took out across the field. Within minutes, I got a DING. It was showing up as a penny on my screen. I dug the plug and began to tear it apart. When my eyes first saw the "prize", my mind said "GOLD"! I think my heart skipped a beat! It was a round, heavy pendant in very good shape. I ran back to my house (150yrds.) and screamed for my wife in the back of the house. She came running.....

I was hoping that after she cleaned it up, I could spot a 10k or 14k stamp. No luck. :sad7: Seems to be "just a metal" of some sorts.

Man! What a rush though! :laughing9:

Attachments

• IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 606
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that feeling well. Still a cool find for sure. Scrub that field and I bet you get a couple pieces of gold and silver.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: lol wtg we have all had those heart stoppers , you 'll hit it yet .

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most of us can share a story like that, but that is what makes us go out for more. Keep at it and you will find something of value, it just takes a little practice and patience.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We will stay tuned because, There is more gold coming to your ACE at a park near you soon.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats! I would wear it! Many more to come... I love my ACE.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean... All it takes to get your heart racing is to see that gold color and business picks up real quick. Too bad it's not gold. You will find some, just don't get discouraged.... I found 6 gold rings last winter with my Ace 250 while hunting the swimming areas at the local lakes. two came in as tin foil and three came in as a nickel and the other one was bouncing between a nickel and a pull tab. All but one silver ring I found last winter came in as a dime. One was bouncing between a quarter and a half but it was a large ring. You have got the fever now after finding that piece of jewelry and there's plenty more out there just waiting for you. Congrats on that nice pendant :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DANGLANGLEY

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
might take it to a jewler to have it checked

F

Felinepeachy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I remember how that felt. I hope you find lots more. :thumbsup: :hello2: ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread