A strange Wheat and 2 Indians

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Got permission (again) to a place that I had detected YEARS ago. Still in the same family, but they have moved out. Vacant 100 year old farm house on 83 acres. Oh yea!

So... First 2 digs are the Indian Heads. Man is the ground hard! Good thing they weren't too deep. A Memorial and clad dime later, I dig this odd Wheat. Didn't realize it was partially silver colored til I got home and rinsed off. I supposed someone dipped it or painted it.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with the finds today. These are the first IH's I've dug all year. Made my night! and yes, I'll be back soon! Plenty of ground to cover! Only stayed an hour as the bugs got too bad, and I forgot the bug spray. Duh..... :tongue3:

Attachments

• 082309finds.jpg
    082309finds.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 415
Upvote 1

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats nice IH's there.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Nice finds.
Be careful with that wheat. People used to dip them in mercury, because it adheres to the coin (this was back when you could buy fun things like mercury from the pharmacy). So if you find a silvery looking penny chances are it was dipped in Hg; you don't want that absorbed into your system unless you like going crazy. I don't know since yours is only partially silvered, but I'd be careful anyway.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great spot, def go back with a can of bug spray!!! As for the silver, it very well be mercury dipped. God I miss cracking old thermometers open and dumping it out in our hand and playing with it.... Maybe that's why I am the way that I am... :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread