Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The continued saga of the Kansas romp. The ground is really hard right now. How hard is it? When the pick was not working I stuck a stick of dynamite in the hole. It blew the stick out of the hole and into the creek. Which scared the fish too death. ( Note game warden not pleased.) Any way you get the picture it was hard. I have a Fisher excel that I turned up the sensitivity to 8 and to all metal mode. The result seemed to be deeper finds.
Some of the finds were unusual. One is the 5 ?? by 5 ?? metal plate. It is concaved on the back. It says Choate MFG Co. IOWA Laplant. I believe the shell is old. No writing on the iron.
Happy holidays to all.

Attachments

• 1MD 1.jpg
    1MD 1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 325
  • 2MD 2.jpg
    2MD 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great relics Stan. Kinda cool diggin' up history! 8)

Kent

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Stan, looks like you did pretty good today. ?8) I guess the increased settings are helping. Are you still on the east side of the road? I know it took forever to get my knife resharpened. BTW, you might also check the west side about 25 yd south of the tall trees ?There's some old trash along the creekline directly west of the road as well.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice burdie!

;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds.Some of that stuff look's like door hardware/hinges,any sign of foundation's/old timber?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread