🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife has been jealous that I have been hunting with other people and wanted me to have one hunt with just her. So we got up and left about 6:30am to go hunt an old park in a small town north of here. First park we hit was a tot lot and did not find much. Next park was much better. Every signal in this tot lot was over 2" deep and most were 4 to 6 inches deep. A couple were deeper. I have never hunted one before where ALL the signals were under the wood chip cover. From there we went further north and hit another park but did not have much time as she was getting tired and hungry. In all we found 4 quarters (one was 1965), 10 dimes, 5 nickels (one was 1964-D) and 17 pennies (one was 1964-D). And three pennies were wrapped in tape. I have not separated them yet. Also one Chucky Cheese Token and a set of silver teeth.

Attachments

• Dsc00354.jpg
    Dsc00354.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you two had a good time out together....

~Audiz~

Nov 9, 2008
Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250...Garrett Pro-pointer... "The secret of vast riches begins with a single penny"
I have to agree, :thumbsup: a great hunt together is *priceless*... Now, if I could get my husband to come with me or just tag to along that be great :D ...

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: wtg nice finds

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you do when targets are UNDER wood chip cover? when I see that i just cover up the hole and move on, did not want to cut thru the cover for a clad coin..lol

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice set of "choppers" ;D. Found a partial last year, but they werent silver and were really old. Congrats......Hogge

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Goes4ever said:
what do you do when targets are UNDER wood chip cover? when I see that i just cover up the hole and move on, did not want to cut thru the cover for a clad coin..lol

The wood chip cover is what I call the loose wood chips on top that you can move with your fingers. Most of the coins in this lot was under that and in the mud/clay above the fabric bottom. We got a lot of signals under that fabric but I do not cut thru it. I covered up a lot of holes without gettings coins because they were under that fabric. For you new hunters out there PLEASE PLEASE do not cut thru the fabric/plastic in these tot lots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread