Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather here was awesome today so I had to get out and play a while. I went back to the big farm place and decided that I would try my luck at the old cellar. There use to be a house there as well but I'm not quite sure exactly where. I found no coins today but lots and lots of relics. And I feel really bad but I had to leave most of them behind...I couldn't carry them all out of the woods so I left a couple of piles of stuff on top of the cellar....maybe I can go back and get them later.
I think the big round thing went on top of a wood stove...has the word SUN and the number 8. I found a couple of buttons....really bad shape but on the back of one I can read some of the writing.....scoville mfg co.... and then there were tons of canning jar lids! So many that it made it frustrating to hunt there. And of course the normal stuff like horse shoes and bullets and shells. ;D

Not any great finds but had lots of fun.....

;)

Attachments

• 1227horses.JPG
    1227horses.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 260
  • cellar1227.JPG
    cellar1227.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finds.....

Attachments

• 122702.jpg
    122702.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 122703.jpg
    122703.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 257

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the picture, It sure looked like a perfect day to be out treasure hunting no matter what you found!!
HH!!.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,

nice finds. Photos are nice also, looks like a good day to be out.

Any broken glass laying about? You mentioned canning lids, any sign of a dump?

have a good un........

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe!

Sherm....all the canning lids were found at the old cellar hole where they stored their food. I didn't stay long enough or stray far from there...but I bet'a there's a dump somewhere close by.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Nice relics.Scoville mfg co made buttons from1812 to the
twentieth century.Does it look old?
And that pic is nice--relaxing? HappyHunts

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad somebody got to go beeping here in God's country. :D You're right Nana, it WAS a beautiful day and I'm glad you got out. I took off of work this week to get some home projects done. Today I was working outside thinking it sure would be a good day to go beeping. :-\ Oh, well, maybe later in the week. :)

Nice finds Nana! Keep it up!

Kent

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure does Nana!...too bad you can't glue that piece back together.By the way,how far from the foundation is the"ole" barn

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know cm.....that would have been an awesome find had it not been in two pieces.... :'( I found one piece of it and then about 5 feet over was the other part.

The barn is about 20 acres over from this spot. There was a house by the cellar but it burned down many years ago and there isn't anything left of it. There are just so many places to look on I am just giving each one a quick visit and then planning on going back to my favorites when I make the first set of rounds...of course I was lucky that the weather was good the first part of this week but I think that is about to be over for now. Don't know when I will get to go back but the last three visits have been lots of fun.

Thanks

;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana, glad you got to have a nice day out. Looks like a good place to hunt. Looking forward to your future posts from this site.

Huntin' 59er

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure was a beautiful day to be out there! HH, Mike

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Nana, Glad you had such a Great day. Looks Like Your Site has got some real potential. Good Luck in the New Year & Keep us Posted. trk5capt... :) ;) :D

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
yes weather was great but i had to work, think rain today, well i will get out this weekend ,

R

rvbvetter

I would research those buttons. Any showing an eagle? With Scovil on one, you never know. Could be a Civil War button. The crest of that hill looks like it would have been a good place to defend from in the civil war. I think Scovil made the waterbury war buttons and made buttons for Horstmann. A supplier of buttons for the troops during the war. You might have a rare one even. You wouldn't beleive some of the prices there getting for some, even when they're mutilated. HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana you are making me homesick!! Nice digs. :)

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Nana! You found bullets?!?! :o Come on... surprise me some more! Seriously, now... that looks like a wonderful haul and an enticing place to return to again and again - with or (horrors!) without your detector. Enjoy your weather and hit it again, gurl!
Ruth

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Nana, it look like it was a beatiful day to go hunt. Look at that blue sky...wow. Congrats on your great hunt and all your fantastic finds. Looks like a place you can keep returning to over and over.

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread