Do you believe in Karma? I do!

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Sorry this is kind of long.

This morning started just like any other morning that I go out and metal detect. I parked my truck and headed to the back to change out the stock coil on my e-Trac to the small 6” double D. I noticed this elderly couple walking down the street toward me and didn’t think anything about it. As I was changing out the coil I heard this loud commotion behind me and when I turned to look, the elderly lady was on the ground!

I immediately stop what I am doing and rush over to make sure she was alright. The gentleman was having a hard time getting her back on her feet, so I hold out my arm for her to grab and help her back up. Her shoe went flying so I located it and placed it on the ground so she could get it back on her foot.

Thankfully her husband carries a couple of small canvas chairs with them in case they have to stop. He got one out for her to sit on. The whole time she is telling me that she stepped in some “dog poo” and was trying to clean it off on the curb edge when she fell. So her hubby took the shoes to the grass and cleaned them off.

So after a couple of minutes we head back toward my truck. They continue on and I finish changing out my coil. I crossed the street and had just started swinging the coil and I get my ears blown off by a very high pitch. It took me a minute or two to get the exact location of the target because there was some trash around it. I really didn’t pay attention to the readings. I was mainly going on sound.

Dug the plug. Rescanned the hole and the target was still there. Finally got down on the ground to pinpoint the target when an old station wagon went by that had the old couple in it. We waived at each other and I went back to checking the hole. There was some loose dirt in the bottom of the hole and I took it out. Rechecked the hole and I had gotten the target out.
Checked the dirt that I just removed and found it in a clod of dirt about the size of an old screw cap. I thought great, another one and take my thumb and rub the dirt away.

Imagine my surprise when I looked again and noticed an eagle holding arrows in its talons! I was like NO WAY! DON’T RUB, DON’T RUB, DON’T RUB! Left the detector and the hole there while I went back to my truck to get some water. I rinsed it off and had a barber half in my hand! The pictures below shows how it came out of the ground.

Now if that’s not Karma, then I don’t know what is!

Attachments

• BarbFront.jpg
    BarbFront.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 904
  • BarbBack.jpg
    BarbBack.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 913
Upvote 0

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting story didn't notice the length it seems to me that this was a reward for a good deed

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It always pays to help others. Sometimes instantly, sometimes later,
as long as it's done out of caring and compassion that is. :thumbsup:

GG~

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Coin Prices trends this coin at $85 in F-12

This looks a tad better than that. :thumbsup:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do, last year I was walking into my store where I work and found a $100 bill on the outside of the store,so I took it in a took it to the office where you pay your bills,etc. Well about 30 minutes later I get a call from the unit director who herd of what I did and she rewards me with lunch and this scratch off thing that my company has for good deeds,and l win $200,so yes I do be live in Karma!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet barber half :icon_thumleft: looks like a week for barber finds ;D MR TUFF

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find there congrats on the big old silver.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ya i believe in karma!! i try to do good deeds when i can. i thought you were gonna say they let you do there house wich was from the 1700s or something. nice barber. willy

OP
OP
lokkenpa

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
Thanks for all your comments! I am still really stoked about finding this. I forgot to mention that this is my first Barber found detecting!

HH

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That's a nice barber man.

I beleive in it.

HH Jer

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rewards come to us in many different forms, and that was a good one! congrats!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Good for you helping that old couple. You should be proud of yourself. You deserved that beautiful Barber half!!!

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG lokkenpa karma is alive and well! Either way was the right thing to do!! If the world had more folks like you the world would be a better place!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread