Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
  1. #1
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,173
    33 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    A Two Hammered Day!

    Today I carried on gridding where Crusader and I left off. The field has been ploughed and rolled so it was
    a bit easier.

    Didn't find too much in 4 hours, a large book clasp and some buttons!

    Well pleased with the two hammered though, I think one is a Charles 1 Half Groat and the other
    Neither are in good shape, but they still count
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abbey 8 008.JPG 
Views:	2414 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	334641  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  2. #2

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!



    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    Good day weldone

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  3. #3
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,173
    33 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS


    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  4. #4

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS
    I think it is a Charles Half Groat :P there are a lot of Half Groats of this Coinage without Crowns above

    SS



    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  5. #5
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,173
    33 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS
    I think it is a Charles Half Groat :P there are a lot of Half Groats of this Coinage without Crowns above

    SS



    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all



    Could be a halfpenny, they don't have Crowns

    Any idea on the other one
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  6. #6

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS
    I think it is a Charles Half Groat :P there are a lot of Half Groats of this Coinage without Crowns above

    SS



    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all



    Could be a halfpenny, they don't have Crowns

    Any idea on the other one
    They don't have legends either yours has

    the outher one looks like a Edward? half penny :P

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  7. #7
    RPG
    RPG is offline
    us
    Jan 2009
    Alabama
    Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
    2,204
    69 times

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Nice finds Shaun7.

    When I saw your title I was thinking maybe you were too drunk to get out.

    Randy

  8. #8

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by RPG
    Nice finds Shaun7.

    When I saw your title I was thinking maybe you were too drunk to get out.

    Randy
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  9. #9
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,173
    33 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS
    I think it is a Charles Half Groat :P there are a lot of Half Groats of this Coinage without Crowns above

    SS



    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all



    Could be a halfpenny, they don't have Crowns

    Any idea on the other one
    They don't have legends either yours has

    the outher one looks like a Edward? half penny :P

    SS


    No legend SS, just a rose either side!
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  10. #10
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,173
    33 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by RPG
    Nice finds Shaun7.

    When I saw your title I was thinking maybe you were too drunk to get out.

    Randy


    Who.........me?
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  11. #11

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS
    I think it is a Charles Half Groat :P there are a lot of Half Groats of this Coinage without Crowns above

    SS



    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all



    Could be a halfpenny, they don't have Crowns

    Any idea on the other one
    They don't have legends either yours has

    the outher one looks like a Edward? half penny :P

    SS


    No legend SS, just a rose either side!
    No your has writing(legend) around the coin
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  12. #12
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,173
    33 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS
    I think it is a Charles Half Groat :P there are a lot of Half Groats of this Coinage without Crowns above

    SS



    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all



    Could be a halfpenny, they don't have Crowns

    Any idea on the other one
    They don't have legends either yours has

    the outher one looks like a Edward? half penny :P

    SS


    No legend SS, just a rose either side!
    No your has writing(legend) around the coin


    Ohhh

    Is it definitely Charles1 though?
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  13. #13

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Searcher


    Yes looks like a Half Groat mate

    is there a Crown above the rose on one side

    Good day weldone

    SS
    I think it is a Charles Half Groat :P there are a lot of Half Groats of this Coinage without Crowns above

    SS



    Can't see a crown either side, i think they've been cut off or worn! Maybe it's not that coin at all



    Could be a halfpenny, they don't have Crowns

    Any idea on the other one
    They don't have legends either yours has

    the outher one looks like a Edward? half penny :P

    SS


    No legend SS, just a rose either side!
    No your has writing(legend) around the coin


    Ohhh

    Is it definitely Charles1 though?
    Yes...to big for half penny as well

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

  14. #14
    gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    6,173
    33 times
    Banner Finds (4)

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    That's pleased me because I've been researching the Civil War in that area and this fits in with the other stuff
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

  15. #15

    Re: A Two Hammered Day!

    Could turn out to be a good site then

    Lots of cool stuff associated with the Charles1 era 8)

    SS
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

 

 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0