A Hike Of A Hunt

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Evy and I got together today with Monty, Burdie, and Sniffer to hunt a spot that I've gotten permission to hunt that's never had a detector swung on it.
Looks can be deceiving though as for parking vs. walking. lol
IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

Gypsy, we're sure sorry you guys couldn't make the trip. :'( You guys were sorely missed. :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
More

Attachments

• IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,029
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_2409.JPG
    IMG_2409.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,045
OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
You can't tell from the pic but Burdie got there 1st and made like a gopher.

IMG_2480.JPG

It took everyone a while to make the 1/4 mi. hike in and get started but it didn't take long for everyone to start letting the dirt fly and finding all kinds of items.

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG
Chief Digs a Lot. lol

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'll let everyone post their finds. There were some unique and 1st finds for everyone. There were coins, toys, silver, watch parts, and other exciting goodies found waiting to be cleaned and posted. Sniffer found an unusual buckle that needs to be cleaned 1st, it has crossed sabers on each corner. I stand corrected, the buckle has crossed arrows.

Evy took a couple of pics of her finds. Burdie made an assist on finding part of the cap gun. Thanks Stan! :icon_thumright:

IMG_2513.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

Sniffer's finds can be found here.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,276404.0.html

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one great time even though we had a forced march in grass so thick that you could hardly walk in it. But when we reached the spot it was a dream site to hunt. To be able to go back in time was exciting today. We had a blast. I owe you one Stoney thanks for letting us go down and help you hunt. I still think the person who found silver should of been left behind. My muscles are still sore from the experience. :thumbsup: :headbang: :headbang:

Burdie

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Glad you all were able to make it Burdie. :hello2: For a while I thought maybe we all were gonna have to have a mediflight come in and pick us up. LOL Guess I forgot to mention that we got there after a good breakfast, arrived around 10AM and didn't start dragging back til about 330PM. My body says it felt more like 12 hr. ::)

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
The owner said that his aunt/uncle gave and and comfort to the Dalton's as they passed through. They'd stop in and draw water and cut firewood for them while recouping and resting in the barn before riding on. I'm sure there's lots more to find but we've had so much rain a couple days ago that the creek is flooded below the house site and as far as I know not much was hunted out in the corral area.

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thought I'd add a few more pics around the site.

Attachments

• IMG_2507.JPG
    IMG_2507.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 941
  • IMG_2447.JPG
    IMG_2447.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_2512.JPG
    IMG_2512.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 934
  • IMG_2507.JPG
    IMG_2507.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 917

Native1858

Oct 12, 2008
Colorado Springs
Have you held your detectors up to the sides of the house yet? That is, if they still have some inside boarding on them, and if they are accesible. People have hidden lots in their walls. Just a thought.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Terrific pics,stoney.Glad you guys got together at such a great site.I'm really sorry that I missed that call to join you guys.(kiddin').

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish more could have come, I wanted to take Jacob with us too but, I knew we couldn't get the wheel chair down in there!

As for in side no boards inside the house this was the second house the 1st was a cardboard type house ( long gone ) he lived in when the goverment first gave the indians the allotment then this house built next to it the goverment came in and put up. There is nothing inside except the chimney collaspe, after Jeff's friends aunt died a couple of weeks after her husband they went to collect the belongings and the home had been emptied of everything before they got there. And yes looked at what we could of chimney nothin there.
But I did find the greatest day I've had in a very long time spending the day with my honey and some good friends!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
a wonderful time was had by all. Jeff and I looked inside of what was left of those house. we didn't even see any evidence of electricity.
I would like to go back and check down along the creek when it dries out, it had a lot too much water in it yesterday

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This could work out very well if given the time and effort.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like y'all had a great adventure out in the wilderness. I like those finds, y'all did good. I'm gonna think like Gypsy...the Nehi drink cooler case (gotta be a way to lug it out). :laughing7:

:wink: RR

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey.......I see a blonde and an Injun in that group! ;D

I bet you all had a great time hunting together! Love seeing all the pictures, Stoney! And I bet'cha Monty will bring the four wheeler next time and offer shuttle service! :D

Miss you all! Nana

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was the tail dragger with my ailments and finally hiked out to the site. Sniffer stayed behind with me and kicked me in the butt every so often to keep me going. (Actually I think he was waiting to see if I was going to pass out or not)! Burdie "ran" ahead and was chugging like a locomotive and had half the place dug up by the time I got there. Later he said he was going to follow me and find all I missed. However, about 30 minutes later I told him the same thing and prophetically I found a tax token and a 1940 nickel right behind him! After announcing those finds, I was soon surrounded and it looked like an army of armadillos had attacked the turf in that area. But I fooled them all. After they moved on off I found a costume jewelry broach that still had the pin in it..... which promptly broke as I tried to close it! I was getting a gold signal on my Safari and after cleaning it a bit it does appear to have some gold colored plating on it. Everything I found was around 5" deep and I got some faint signals deeper that I didn't dig after one try and finding a rusted square nail at about 9". When I was digging it I broke the rust corona around it and the signal turned from a silver 37 to an iron 9 and then I knew I had been faked out! Those who have a Safari will know what I am talking about. I was surprised that there wasn't that much trash but I had iron discriminated out so that may be why? So how did I get a 9 with the iron discriminated out? I had it set on ferrous mode and it will show a number but no sound. We had just had about 6" or rain and the gullies were full of water and so was the wash behind the house. I am thinking that area is where the trash dump was and we couldn't get to it. The ground was pretty easy to dig but being wet it clumped pretty bad and it was sometimes difficult to sort out your target. Well I kinda' gave you a technical rundown and after saying that I have to admit I really enjoyed the trip and cudos to Jeff and Evi for inviting me. We all live in less than a hundred mile area and it is not much more than an hours drive for any of us. Jeff's (Stoney56) place is pretty much right in the middle of our circle. We have been trying to get together for the longest time but this is the first time all of us could make it and the weather cooperated. So thanks everyone for "carrying" me and we have to do it again real soon. I just got a new printer and I am electronically challenged so I haven't figured how to post my pictures on this new program yet. It picked up all my old photos but when I try to access it I get the old program instead of the new. I deleted the old program but the pictures remained. Any suggestions? My oldest son is an IT proffesional manager if I can ever get him over her to look at it. Anyway, when I got home I was worn out, rode hard and put away wet! I took a hot shower and hit the sack by 9:30 pm. But I'm rejuvinated and ready to go again. I'll post pics as soon as I get my new pic program figured out. And as for the gang, I was just kidding, you are all the best. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread