Iowa state seal button

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started off the very sucky with my g-ma landing herself in the hospital :'(. So the family and I went to visit her for a hr or so. As I was thier my brother and mom showed up and asked what my plan was for the day. I said nothing today why whats up. So my bro and mom invited me and the boys up to do some detecting and lunch up north. So being cold out and the chance to hit the two houses why not. Glad that I did 30 min trip up north I scored this nice old button :icon_thumleft: at my moms house and was 6 inches down lots of clad and a few wheaties from the two house all together.

The button is gold color with a soldier holding a flag and rifle, eagle above holding a ribbon and the ribbon has lettering

Rev. says SCOVILL MFG Co WATERBURY
Thanks for the iding Buckleboy.

Attachments

• Bton.jpg
    Bton.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 406
  • Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 460
  • rev.jpg
    rev.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been id by Buckleboy as a Iowa state seal button :o Now Im just wondering is it precivil war or during the Indian Wars. Did find one thats 16 stars on Ebay and a diff mfg Co. This has 12 Stars and made by Scovill Mfg Co

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admitted to the union in 1846, our 29th state. Motto; Rights we will maintain Alberts pg 145 Great find and in beautiful shape! :icon_thumleft:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there congrats.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellant shape too.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been lookin for that button.. great find looks to be in very good condition also! :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread