Short Trip to the Horse Farm

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Yesterday afternoon we went for a ride and stopped where my daughter boards her horse. They had dug up about 100 feet with a backhoe to put in a water line. The place dates back to the mid-1800s but I found a couple of King Georges before at their Spring. When we got home my daughter and John took off for home. It was about 5:30 my wife said " I thought you'd be heading for the farm " I really wasn't planning on detecting then, I was going to wait until today, but she twisted my arm. So off I went. I'll be going back when they fill the hole back in. I'm going to post the button in the " What is it " section. HH Bob

Attachments

• largiegeorgebutton 001.JPG
    largiegeorgebutton 001.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 418
  • largiegeorgebutton 002.JPG
    largiegeorgebutton 002.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 421
  • largiegeorgebutton 003.JPG
    largiegeorgebutton 003.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 424
  • largiegeorgebutton 004.JPG
    largiegeorgebutton 004.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 420
  • largiegeorgebutton 005.JPG
    largiegeorgebutton 005.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 420
  • largiegeorgebutton 007.JPG
    largiegeorgebutton 007.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what an awesome hunt with great finds :hello2: I nominate Banner on the Wellington button :icon_king:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice trip, good finds.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Bob! You've been on a roll as of late! :thumbsup: DeArmittPA will be jealous... :laughing9:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there congrats.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice coppers man

HH Jer

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice older place for sure. Keep pounding that place. Congrats on the digs. PBK was right, I found a button last year like that. Check out the whats it column... :thumbsup: jgas

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! I am particularly interested in your 'Wellington" button. These seem to be very uncommon finds over here with far fewer being reported than GW buttons. perhaps it is because people often neglect checking backmarks, or they aren't aware of what they are. Here's what seems to be a different style of a 'Wellington" I dug this year in the same strata as my Monroe button. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,256180.0.html

OP
OP
FortBedfordbob

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Mach 1 Pilot said:
Nice finds Bob! You've been on a roll as of late! :thumbsup: DeArmittPA will be jealous... :laughing9:

I do seem to do better without him. But then he's not there to jump in front of me ;D Just kidding John. I want to Thank Everyone for the Great Comments. Over the Years Metal Detecting has become my Passion. I hope I'm able to do it for may years yet. I've got to meet some great people over the years and had some outstanding hunts. Then there are Forums like Treasurenet where like minded people can share their Hobby. So Much History out there. This Button is certainly in my Top 10 finds of the last 20 years. A Special Thanks to PBK for identifying my Find. Guess it's about time to become a Charter Member :thumbsup: Happy Hunting, Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread