Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good evening Fellow Dirt Diggers :D

Just got home last night from a coast to coast run and ran into winter in the mountains of Pennsylvannia. What a difference having been in Florida a few days earlier enjoying mid 80's weather . Winter has came here in Ohio already. 44 is the normal low and our high today didn't get past that >:( Global warming strikes again. Anyways, enough of that.

After having a few beers last night and getting a good night sleep I was going out today hell or high water. It was chilly and I was dressed in my usuall shorts ??? I headed back over to the Sarah Fairchild Civil War Era home site where I had found a civil war coin (1863) before I left to California 2 weeks ago.

I was only able to hunt 2 hours as it was cold and windy and I was cold too :o Didn't find a whole lot of things today but did mange a few keepers. Here is what I found:

CW token was found 2 weeks ago, not todays hunt
2 Wheats 1910, 1913
1 zipper :o Wow
1 very nice 44 Merc
1 General Officers Staff Button
1 large piece of copper that has Jerome and Co., April 12, 1881 on the back. I just found out that it is part of an old clock :hello2:

http://www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/pages/clock5418.php

a small piece of copper (crushed) No idea
a piece of bottle with some kind of metal thingy still inside. It has some writting on it as well. What is it :dontknow:
1 tea spoon

I still have a lot of hunting to do at this place so hopefully I'll pull some coppers out of here sooner or later. Thanks for looking. Ron

The CW coin is the one I found a few weeks ago for you that may have missed it earlier.

012-27.jpg

019-18.jpg

021-13.jpg

022-12.jpg

020-14.jpg

032-5.jpg

033-4.jpg

034-4.jpg

035-4.jpg

036-4.jpg

037-3.jpg

039-4.jpg

042-4.jpg

040-4.jpg

041-4.jpg

038-3.jpg

Upvote 0

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New Site Produces A CW Button And A Little Silver

Cool finds all around, that Civil War Coin is great! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other

FANTASTIC BUD , I LOVE THOSE FINDS AND GREAT TOKEN :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

SCMDing said:
The button is a General Staff Officers, the one you found last spring was a General Service. They are a little different.

Thanks for the schooling ;D

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Several era's of War Surrounded by those finds. The stories of Good times and Hardships that went on while those were being lost. It's good to see them back in the hands of Someone that respects them.

Very Nice Finds :thumbsup:, Nova Treasure

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

nova treasure said:
Several era's of War Surrounded by those finds. The stories of Good times and Hardships that went on while those were being lost. It's good to see them back in the hands of Someone that respects them.

Very Nice Finds :thumbsup:, Nova Treasure

Thanks Nova for the kind comments. That I will do. I need to make a shadow box for both the J.A.McDonald place as well as the Fairchild place. The 2 house are blocks away. This little town sent a lot of people off to war. This town was and still is very small. I just wish I could aquire more history of the 2 men whom lived at both places. History is being lost day by day. I'd like to preserve a spot for both men so that I could pass it on to this new generation of people so they would not be forgotten. There's not much history about it's people that I have been able to find at the local library. But I am always searching. Ron

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Craze, those are Great finds and the Staff officers button is a beaut. I know you have invested a lot of time in the past few months detecting as indicated by your finds but you are on a ROLL. More HH.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VOL1266-X said:
Craze, those are Great finds and the Staff officers button is a beaut. I know you have invested a lot of time in the past few months detecting as indicated by your finds but you are on a ROLL. More HH.

Thanks Buddy :icon_sunny: Like to visit NC some day and get in a visit with Doug, too :icon_sunny:

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day! Your the man crazy! Kane 23

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kane23 said:
Great day! Your the man crazy! Kane 23

Thanks my man. WTG on the honorable mention award. I like how they started to do that for members who have been recognized :thumbsup:

SCMDing

Jan 4, 2007
Rock Hill, SC

crazyjarhead said:
SCMDing said:
The button is a General Staff Officers, the one you found last spring was a General Service. They are a little different.

Thanks for the schooling ;D

LOL, sorry, I am still considerably new with buttons, but absolutely love them. I just happen to have a few good books. So no schooling really, I am just relaying what I find. I am NO expert I can assure you :wink:

And the token in great!! Man, I need to get out detecting...

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Well I predicted great things for you cjh . I been waiting for your follow up nice digs love mercs keep showing thos finds . Find out where the cloths line was you will find some seated coins there hhROB. :coffee2: :headbang:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
underdogger said:
Well I predicted great things for you cjh . I been waiting for your follow up nice digs love mercs keep showing those finds . Find out where the cloths line was you will find some seated coins there hhROB. :coffee2: :headbang:
There's one there now but I don't think it is where the original one was. This place has a lot of ground up close to and around the house but the problem is that she loves to let it grow around her house as a barrier between the neighbors house. You can only see part of it from the front left side of the house. If all of this brush, bushes and flower garden was gone I know there is coins hiding in there. Supposed to gradually warm back up sunday and I'm heading over there to hunt. Sunny too. We'll be back in the 60's, where we should be so I'll start to pound it a little harder I also know where the outhouse used to be as well. The old sidewalk goes out the back door then stops. I'd love to do a privy dig there :o

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice token! I wonder where Wagner's Dining Hall is/was? HH, Mike

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds CJH! Congrats.....Hogge :headbang:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bavaria Mike said:
Very nice token! I wonder where Wagner's Dining Hall is/was? HH, Mike

Hey Mike. If you click on the link I provided it tells you where it used to be. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread