Outer Banks 6 Day Hunt-DAY 1- Coins and Gold Ring!

Jimmy D

Jul 10, 2007
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro, Minelab X-Terra 70
Today we started our 6 day hunt of the Outer Banks (Northern Section). The Nor Easter cut the beach down pretty good, however we could only hunt the low tide. The wave action covered the entire beach during high tide. The rest of the week should be very good. Today three of us found a total of 65 coins and one Gold ring, looks like a wedding band. All the coins were modern US coins.

27- Pennies
7- Nickels
13- Dimes
18-Quarters

Attachments

• DSC01428 [].JPG
    DSC01428 [].JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 3,063
  • DSC01429 [].JPG
    DSC01429 [].JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,832
  • DSC01430 [].JPG
    DSC01430 [].JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,772
Upvote 6

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy D said:
Hardy said:
IS THERE ANY MARKINGS IN THAT BAND AND CAN WE GET A BETTER PIC OF IT PLEASE ;D

I will get a better pic in the morning, once my good camera charges...........there are some small marking inside, I didnt bring my mag glass along. We are going to the ACE Hardware tomorrow and get one, I will post better info tomorrow.............

maybe its the photo, but it looks brass to me :-\

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job with the Photo Shop, poptopagain. You know paybacks are h**l. ;D

stilldiggin65

Nov 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Ring !! Thanks for the info on the beach hunting did not know this ,Thanks

mdtpr

Apr 3, 2009
Still one of the most productive hunting dates in history. Also one of the most dangerous because of the uv rays.

Elliott Ness

Dec 1, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac / Garett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys good luck down there on the shore. Stay safe and warm.

Ness

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grats on your first day of finds.....hopefully a sign of more gold to come....or spanish silver! My father lives down there in Collington Harbor .....Bezjo and myself have been planning on perhaps coming down that way during the spring sometime. Perhaps Willy and us can get together! Hit the cuts hard......early morning at low tide......remember that there have been people living down that way for a very long time since the lost colony.......would be amazing to find some of THOSE relics :) Good Luck my friend.....Grats......and Happy Hunting :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
eathabs said:
One thing to remember in the Outer Banks you can only detect Kitty Hawk north, do not venture south of that or the FEDS will have something to say....................

Actually you can detect south of there to the southern end of South Nags Head. The Hatteras National Seashore starts just north of Coquina Beach on the ocean side, farther north on the sound side. If you make it down that far just ask the beach patrol where the National Seashore starts or stop in at the Bodie Island visitor center for a map.

Also, here is a link for the map. If you zoom in near Coquina Beach you will see where it starts.

http://www.nps.gov/PWR/customcf/app...caha&parkname=Cape Hatteras National Seashore

Oh yeah,
Nice ring :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Happy hunting and keep us posted.

habs
[/quote]

I have been through this with them. There argument is detectorist dig up loggerhead turtle nests. MAYBE IF THEY LAID GOLDEN EGGS! FUNNY YOU CAN DRIVE ALL OVER THE DAMN THING WITH A 4000 LB VEHICLE BUT YOU CANT DIG A HOLE TO RECOVER A DISCARDED BEER CAP :icon_scratch:

Elliott Ness

Dec 1, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac / Garett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if you find anymore rings. I cant wait to see the post. :notworthy:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yikes but funny picture a few posts above! Congrats on the ring Jimmy D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread