WooHoo!!! Ive been waiting a long time to dig this button!!

Rob (B.C.)

Apr 14, 2009
WooHoo!!! I've been waiting a long time to dig this button!!

I'm still shaking a bit!..... I've been hunting a fur trade site for awhile and have been dreaming of finding a Hudsons Bay Co button for a long time. Today was my day!! Finds were slim, but it was a day of quality, not quantity!! :headbang:

It was getting dusk when I took these pics, so they're not perfect.

Here's the button I've been waiting for.........

IMG_3866.jpg

A close-up.....It doesn't do it justice.......Backmarked "FIRMIN & WESTALL"

IMG_3867.jpg

Another find from today that would have normally been the killer find of the day......I knew what it was as soon as I saw the glass stone poking out of the dirt.........An early fur trade ring!!

IMG_3870.jpg

Here it is with the dirt knocked off! :icon_thumright:

IMG_3875.jpg

What a way to end the detecting season......Winter is supposed to be here this week according to the weather man.. :-[

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WooHoo!!! I've been waiting a long time to dig this button!!

Rob (B.C.) said:
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!! :icon_thumright:

This hunt will sustain me through the winter.... :laughing7:.....I gotta stop fondling that button! ;D

I completely understand that one!

It's definitely one of the best buttons posted on this site this year and is easily in the company of the USA pewters and GW buttons. Man I want to join in the fun with a serious button, and I know I have a chance with some good fields in hand... so I'll keep digging! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Rob (B.C.)

Rob (B.C.)

Apr 14, 2009

Iron Patch said:
Rob (B.C.) said:

This hunt will sustain me through the winter.... :laughing7:.....I gotta stop fondling that button! ;D

It's definitely one of the best buttons posted on this site this year and is easily in the company of the USA pewters and GW buttons. Man I want to join in the fun with a serious button, and I know I have a chance with some good fields in hand... so I'll keep digging! :thumbsup:

Your pistareen field must have potential for a monster button!! :icon_thumright: That 15th is no slouch!! :headbang:

I am a bit handicapped having only one killer site, but I'm already researching trade sites within 250 miles of me!! :help:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rob (B.C.) said:
Iron Patch said:
Rob (B.C.) said:

Your pistareen field must have potential for a monster button!! :icon_thumright: That 15th is no slouch!! :headbang:

I am a bit handicapped having only one killer site, but I'm already researching trade sites within 250 miles of me!! :help:

I was hoping, and thinking it hard a real good chance considering what was coming up, but no killer button yet. We'll be heading back soon to dig another good old site that must be close. This field really does scream early military buttons.... maybe they're in the next field. :dontknow:

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3

Thats very cool button :icon_thumleft:!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread