California Trip Yields BIG GOLD!!!!!

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hi all: Well the trip this fall to the Motherload of Calfornia paid off bigger than I ever thought. I went to the area where it all started and prospected on an old pay streak which has been worked many times since the Gold Rush era.
I spent several weeks working in a camp and when spare time allowed went out and hit it hard. The old pay streak was giving up some gold off and on and I used the Eureaka to ID the black sand line which was narrow running accross the stream into the bank. I had lots of work and moved a large amount of overburden to get down where the detector ID' black sand layer which was narrow. I had to move some large boulders to keep on it and get to the paystreak which had lots of lead and relics in it. Not leaving any stone unturned so to speak it paid off on the second week there and again using the Eureaka to keep on line with several signals under a flat large stone I got it drifted over and started scooping, second hit out came a very large nugget/chispa. This is the largest single chunk I have ever recovered,totally surprised and amazed at it. I kept working the pay streak as far as I could safely under a large boulder. The best gold nugget found there this year. What a neat feeling too. Pics are of relic mule or donkey shoe with a detected picker also. Great trip.11.9 pennyweight nugget plus 4.8 in other gold :thumbsup:Hardrock

Attachments

• gold nugget 2009 032.jpg
    gold nugget 2009 032.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 940
  • gold nugget 2009 025.jpg
    gold nugget 2009 025.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 877
  • gold nugget 2009 056.jpg
    gold nugget 2009 056.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 863
Upvote 0

kuger