Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. Finally had some time to get out again this week. Weather was awesome especially today (75ish degrees!). About five weeks left in the semester so it's going by fast. Anyway, the first two groups of finds/pics are from a few weeks ago or something. They never made it into a post. Some interesting things and a merc.

fbB.jpg

fbE.jpg

fbF.jpg

fbD.jpg

fbH.jpg

The next group of finds:

fbC.jpg

fbA.jpg

fbG.jpg

Here's where things get good. I was partly trying to relieve some stress a couple days ago and partly celebrating a productive week and partly enjoying the nice weather so I decided to head up to the old park for a couple hours. This has been one of the usual sites we frequent since about 2 or 3 years ago. Pretty big park, lots of different areas and we kinda hunt this place in spurts it seems. Anyway, I just randomly walked into an area of woods in area i've never been in. There was nothing special about the woods at all, they were just along an old road. But that road stretches for quite a bit throughout the park, and we've found some stuff here and there in the woods on the other side of the park but there was no reason why I had a reason to try where I did. But I did. Lol. Didn't find much at all until 20 mins later when I found a real nice 1920 merc. No idea why I stayed that long finding nothing. There was lots of bottles/trash in one area and then the targets really thin out when you keep going, and then you get back to there being lots of trash again. So I spend another 20 mins there and find an old wheat and then head home. The area where there are few targets is where the coins were found (not that there aren't any where there IS a lot of trash). It's not a huge area, as there's somewhat of a ravine that closes it off (which you can see in the pic with the deer at the end).

zB-3.jpg

zA-2.jpg

zD-1.jpg

So I go back yesterday to the same area. Didn't take long to pop an indian. That was sweet, we don't find them a lot around here, but this park has always given them up now and then. Shortly thereafter, a FATTY! I don't even know why I dug that signal..it VDIed a little higher than a pulltab and was even broken up a little, yet shallow. That was REALLY a surprise. Kept going and got a barber dime! Then the 1916-d wheat. By then I had been hunting for 2 hrs and called it a day. Also got the neat token thing; I haven't googled it yet or anything.

biggroupA.jpg

BDA.jpg

BDC.jpg

BDD.jpg

IHB.jpg

groupB-1.jpg

carC.jpg

tokenB.jpg

tokenA-1.jpg

Went back today, but got a little tired of hunting the area, it's slow going and when you get out of the area where the coins were, you just seem to get only trash. Still found a wheat and another indian though. It's a nice 1881. Off to another site for bit.

zA-3.jpg

Got some food and headed to one of the usual old schools. Out of nowhere, about 2 feet from a chain-link fence, were a merc and a rosie about a foot apart. Shortly after, someone started yelling at me for digging. Up strolled Danimal. It was nice to see him again; it also brought back some memories of the berg and all the fun we have on our expeditions. Hunted a bit longer and couldn't believe I pulled a WALKER from 4 inches in the middle of this field. Wished I woulda let Dan dig it. So anyway, this week has basically just been a blessing. Hope you guys are all enjoying fall and enjoying life. And thanks for looking. God bless!

(This thing was a beast! 8 point buck. It was staring me down and scraping its hooves against the ground/leaves just like a bull before charging. I bolted out of there.)
deerA.jpg

deerF.jpg

Upvote 0

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
diggin jimmy hoffa said:
Awesome finds and one heck of a nice looking buck.

Your token thing is actually an insert for 45rpm records. 45's had the big holes in them and these inserts allowed them to be played on turntables.

HH
DJH

AH that makes sense. i was thinking it was a spark plug gapper. Then he could gap that plug he found. lol

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
shootist said:
great post Nate,good to see you been getting some hunting in was wondering what you and your dad have been up to lately. Did Danimal give up hunting alltogether?I havent seen him post in quite sometime,I know hes usually pretty busy with his sons baseball but fall has fallen. Oh and I didnt notice any marbles either,you guys are always good for a couple of them,Hh...Shoot

Still hunting Shootist...and still lurking here lol :tongue3:

I've made some nice finds but don't feel inclined to post them much anymore.

You should have seen Nate jump. I crept up to within 30ft before yelling loudly "what in the H___ do you think you are doing digging holes here!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread