Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been detecting much the last few weeks, due to busy schedule and crappy weather.
Got out a bit this evening, and was rewarded with this manly .925 marked silver ring, weighs 11 g's.

It was within inches of a huge metal center support, the main one which has about 6 arms branching off, supporting the play structure.
My technique detecting around these large metal structures is to sweep real slow, and come within 2 inches of the metal.
The metal itself is sure to set if off, true ,,, But if a small metal object is there, it will struggle to make itself heard as well.
I was getting multiple dings, as well as jumping depth on the meter, so I knew something else was there and, sure enough, it was this.

Attachments

• s.JPG
    s.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice big ole silver ring. I love finds them. Congrat, and thanks for sharing.HH......

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothin' like a big solid silver ring! Nice find, congrats for scoring it next to a metal support, too!

HH
Rusted

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME RING

Attachments

• 40.gif
    40.gif
    17 KB · Views: 229
  • tttt.gif
    tttt.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Big Congrats.gif
    Big Congrats.gif
    161.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 40.gif
    40.gif
    17 KB · Views: 220
  • tttt.gif
    tttt.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 229
OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thrillathahunt said:
I wonder how many MD'ers passed right by it? :thumbsup:

My usual hunting grounds are pretty much my exclusive property, not many into detecting around here.
Of course, there may be guys going there that I'm not aware of, but in 4 years I've only seen 1 other guy, that was a couple years ago.
I almost felt like he was invading my territory, being used to being the only guy in the area with a detector ,,, But I realized that was pretty silly, as I, quite often, invade other guys "territory" with my own excursions.

I was walking my dog, and watched him as I walked by.
He was swinging unbelievably fast, I mean I don't think you could swing any faster if you tried.
His coil was a good 4 inches above the ground, and he looked to be missing his overlaps by about a foot or so ,,,, So if thats my competition, I don't think I have much to worry about anyhow.

Being so very close to that huge metal support, odds are most guys would not have found this.
Can't speak for other detectors, but with the 250, I've got the technique of detecting close to large metal objects down pat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions