Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
before it got dark i went back to that gas station site the heavy equipment had finish grading the dirt for the day about a foot and a half down pushing it up in piles at the end of the property the foundation was still there all heavy stone to make a very long storie short because iam still in shock what i found in 7 different holes all around 7 to 8 inches deep ill try maybe tomm. to give better details 1 hole gave up 5 half's another had inches apart 3 silver dollars the rest of the coins was found all near by those finds .i can not believe what i found !! :o tg that bull dozier operator did what he did or i never could of got that deep with my DFX i need to shake his hand tomm.? lol heres some pics i took, before i detected early this morning found a few good things i went to work then back to the same spot again just a 60 minutes before dark iam so tired now but iam still staring at these coins . Total finds today 14 silver 1 IH and a small gold high school 1959 pin 10k . I think just off the top of my head the 1886 O Morgan is a key date coin ? and i just love that 1893 Colombian Half , also a 1850 Seated half dime i almost missed it , it took 3 times to see it in my hand in the dirt lol . these finds all where found hear where the old pumps used to be i think it was a ESSO station before that iam not sure . STILL IN SHOCK !! HH Jim :headbang:

Attachments

• 100_0318.jpg
    100_0318.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5,398
  • 100_0319.jpg
    100_0319.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 5,398
  • 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 5,532
  • 100_0328.jpg
    100_0328.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5,516
Upvote 3

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Deepdiger60 said:
ModernMiner said:
Fantastic coins Jim. A well deserved BANNER day indeed. :thumbsup:
Congrats & looking forward to hopefuly seeing more on your return.
-MM-

Well i just drove the wife to work and OH NO ! some time during the night someone put one of those 6 foot chain link temp fences up all around the property with a SIGN !that reads no trespassing !! all along the fence >:( one guy was there in a truck he said because of insurance regulations they have to do that he also said today they are pulling up the 2 underground gas tanks i can understand that i had my shot and happy about it, i properly will never get a find like that again , i was ready this time DFX camera and knee pads lol hey this 60 year old knees just aint what they used to be . OMG !! i see i made a Banner ? uumm just what is the Banner Ive only been in this GREAT SITE a few months not very knowledgeable about these things ? but thank you all ! :thumbsup: Jim and HH

My advice ...ask the contractor where they are hauling the topsoil. You might be able to get permission to hunt there. It's worth a try.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a fun day! I don't think I have ever seen on of those half dollars :icon_scratch: Congrats on the Banner!!!!!

Brian

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome finds and by the looks of it that spot definitely hasn't given up all its goodies yet. I got one of those Colombian Halfs a couple of weeks ago from an indiviaul and did a little internet search on it.

Here is a link to the site that gives quite a bit of info. on it http://www.coinlink.com/CoinGuide/commemoratives/1892-1893-columbian-exposition-half-dollar/

It appears that the designers Barber and Morgan were in on the design of this coin.

HH
DJH

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure is a pretty Indian Head penny.

Cheeserock

Jul 23, 2009
Central Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett AT-Pro Whites Classic SL-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! I have run a dozer for years and have "prepared" some pretty good hunting sites for myself over the years, but have never had one near that good.

One thing I've never heard anyone mention is the one condition under which a lot of coins were lost in the northern states. Back before these filling stations and parking areas were paved they were only dirt or gravel sure, but think about how difficult it was to find a coin dropped in the snow. I've dropped my key ring in deep snow before getting my car door unlocked and it's hard to find something big sometimes. By spring that coin is down in the mud or has been shovelled over to where the snow was piled up out of the way.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Congrats on the BANNER day... Thats what I'm talking about. Carpe Diem.....Sieze the day!!!! Nice digs. :thumbsup: jgas

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What! Deepdigger, was that building a stage stop before a gas station ??? silver finds arein great condition . :icon_scratch: bulldozer operator deserves lunch :D . Seated half dime at an Esso station ..very cool !!! Congrats

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, I didn't realize you've only been detecting for five months and had already managed to find two silver dollars. That is truly remarkable!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Wow!!! Beautiful coins....well found :icon_thumleft:

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i just drove the wife to work and OH NO ! some time during the night someone put one of those 6 foot chain link temp fences up all around the property with a SIGN !that reads no trespassing !! all along the fence

Hmm, sounds like you got in there just in time!!

Could be the coins look so nice because they were dropped fairly recently. Could be a wife got mad at her husband and tossed his coin collection? Although once in a while I have seen silvers that came out of the ground in really impressive shape, so you might just have had some nice ground conditions.

Nice coins, either way!

HH,
Rusted

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
Wow, I didn't realize you've only been detecting for five months and had already managed to find two silver dollars. That is truly remarkable!
Actually yesterdays find was my 3rd 4th and 5th Silver dollar find a few months ago i found 2 in a very old school yard that was used in the 1920,s 1 was a 1924 Peace dollar and the other was a 1921 S Morgan just like yesterdays Thanks for looking HH Jim

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
can u post better pics so we can see the condition an dates of all the coins??? thanks .. btw 1886 O is a common coin...
Ill try to enlarge the pics for better viewing since they are digital photos .Jim

Attachments

• 1886 resized.jpg
    1886 resized.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 4,531
  • 1900 resized.jpg
    1900 resized.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4,526
  • 1921 resized.jpg
    1921 resized.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 4,506
  • halfs resized.jpg
    halfs resized.jpg