I Detected my boyhood home...a couple of suprises

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I went and visited my father,and the boyhood home I grew up in.I finally was able to bring my detector along.I was hoping that I would find some silver as the house was built around 1900.No silver today,but I did get a couple of suprises. I found a 1928 Canadian penny,a 1930 Italian 10 Centesimi coin,around $1.35 in U.S. clad(oldest a 1960d penny),a old car pin or pendant(car is about 1 inch long 1920 gangster style-looks like it was plated as back had some green patina.I also found a squashed matchbox car-did some research-turned out to be a Ford Anglia c.1961 ;D.I will try to get pics after a good oil soaking.

Upvote 0

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to do my home where I grew up. It was torn down in 1969 or 70 and the site has been plowed but nothing else was ever done to the site. There are also 188 other home sites that were torn down at the same time with the same outcome. The area was to become a park but that was government BS. The entire area is nothing but open space. I am so glad that you were able to find things at your old home site. Sorry for the rant. HHHH

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun salty, I wish I could hunt my boyhood home. I would find a ton of matchbox cars!! I buried them for good keeping!! Maybe someday!! :thumbsup:

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep swinging, because there is bound to be some silver hiding from you at your old stomping grounds! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread