Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all,

After work I decided to try to squeeze in some more time at the big field and see if I could score some good iron relics. Well, I found some cool stuff, alright.

Mr. Dog was quiet at first, but I dug something up, and oddly enough, he suddenly zeroed in on me from his cage 1/4 mile away. The furious barking commenced forthwith.

That, friends, is because I think I finally dug up his UFO:

finds-nov-9-bell.jpg

It's the ship his multiple-great Grand-dog-daddy used to crash-land in this valley in 1795. He was none too happy about my taking possession of said micro craft, clearly.

I also found another small object (misplaced it during the cleaning phase, dang it) which was clearly the reactor core to the UFO. I reckoned that once I had it in my possession, it would shut him down and stop the barking, but no such luck. He was yapping furiously. It now dawned on me that I was digging on his treasure stash, and he didn't like it. So I went ahead and dug some more relics,

....including some iron (nothing awesome there, but not bad... I did find another one of those axe-like wedges, a fatter wedge, and some others)...

finds-nov-9-iron.jpg

and guess what...

Another screamer of a signal, how could I have missed it on days 1 and 2? I was afraid to turn the disc knob up past screw cap, but I did. You know what I mean? Still smooth, round, perfect. I was careful to dig it. Aha! One of them green copper discs I have come to like so much. I couldn't read a date but I saw it was an early one, judging from the back design.

finds-nov-9-largecent.jpg

finds-nov-9-largecentback.jpg

I got another halfway decent signal, tried to dig it, and ended up breaking the screwdriver while prying a rock. Wrist didn't like that too much.

finds-nov-9-iron2.jpg

I also dug a very old 22 short bullet (pictured) at 6 inches. That Tejon will find small lead and brass at depths you won't even believe.

Took the copper home and it turned out to be an 1803 Draped Bust. Worn, but hey, still cool. There were some other cool relics I recovered before it got totally dark tonight, including a rifle or musket ball that was 8 inches down. I might have to go back in search of deepies. Could be another coin or two there. Hoping to find an early axe head or something.

finds-nov-9.jpg

This has been a great 3 days for me. I don't know if I can repeat the 1-largecent-a-day feat, but it was fun, and I'll be sure to go back when I can. Here are the 3 large cents together:

largecents-nov7-8-9.jpg

Thanks for looking, everyone!

HH
Chris

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rusted_Iron

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:
Great Spltting wedges , they are old and used to split logs length ways:icon_thumleft:

Thanks Hardy, I figured they were some kind of wedges to be hammered on. What threw me was, they're so thin. I had never seen or dug wedges like this, to my knowledge. The fat wedges like they sell in the stores today, I think those go back to the later 1800's?

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You got nice stuff there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread