kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all.Earlier this year (sept 20) I found my first Fugio cent at a colonial site here in upstate NY.A friend has also found a Fugio at the same site and today I found my second Fugio there. I could use some help on the variety,type etc. I've been slowly cleaning some of the crud off with some blue ribbon cleaner.It looks to have been struck off center and is real weak to the one side.I'll try and get better pic's later......my camera is junk.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 768
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 750
Upvote 0

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, cant believe that you all got three out of one site! Hope ya find another!! :thumbsup:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess it shows that the Fugio's were not widely distributed, but kept more regional?? Anyway, nice going for you guys, three from one site! I really have not tried IDing Fugio's since the differences are subtle on some and details need to be showing that usually are not too visible on our ground founds

I spent some time trying to ID your variety and as far as the Obverse side goes, no luck, however, might narrow it down, I think the Reverse side MIGHT be a Newman X. Now a Newman X is found with at least 5 other obverse varities, so that is another reason I cannot say for sure.
But if it is confirmed as a X Reverse than the Obverse possibilities are Newman 8, 13, 14, 18, and 20. Sorry, wish I could have helped more, but they just not in my comfort zone for IDing......

Don

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON YOUR 2ND FUGIO CENT!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find :thumbsup:, that picture is not bad,but what do I know I am a hunter not a photographer ::)

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Guess it shows that the Fugio's were not widely distributed, but kept more regional?? Anyway, nice going for you guys, three from one site! I really have not tried IDing Fugio's since the differences are subtle on some and details need to be showing that usually are not too visible on our ground founds

I spent some time trying to ID your variety and as far as the Obverse side goes, no luck, however, might narrow it down, I think the Reverse side MIGHT be a Newman X. Now a Newman X is found with at least 5 other obverse varities, so that is another reason I cannot say for sure.
But if it is confirmed as a X Reverse than the Obverse possibilities are Newman 8, 13, 14, 18, and 20. Sorry, wish I could have helped more, but they just not in my comfort zone for IDing......

Don

Thanks Don.I know whacha mean.....It's starting to show abit more detail.Any variety is good for me anyhow ! :D

upstatejay said:
Your a bum! 2! Congrats. need to get together before the ground hardens. Congrats

:D Whatup Jay. So far it looks like the ground may never freeze.....I wish !

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oop's.......Sorry I meant to tell everyone thanks for the replies ! :thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Don nailed it, stating that they all seem to come from the extreme Northeast. Even though the coins were minted in Philadelphia, I have not seen any from the Mid-Atlantic States (other than Upstate NY).

Fantastic find. For most of us that is a once in a lifetime find. You have done it twice!!!

(Third time is a charm ;)

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This coin is on the top of my list. Simply marvelous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread