Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironhorse and I had a good day of digging, found and old site, dug all day, but just didn't hit the big one. Usually a day like this gives up an early military but this is a very weird year for us, they just don't seem to want to come out. If it had, it would have made the two trash dumps I dug into a whole lot more interesting, and probably worth digging out. The take was a bunch of buttons, including some pewter designed, a tombac designed, a silvered designed, and a couple neat matching glass ones. (I believe it's a ship with two sails and a flag... very hard to take a good pic) The coins are pretty crusty but are... 1797 Twopence/2 Penny (HUGE copper, and a first for me) 1775 Brit. George Halfpenny, Brit. George II & Irish George II.

The best thing about this hunt was it's a different area than we've been, and there's lots of fields left!

Attachments

• dd1.jpg
    dd1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,182
  • cart1.jpg
    cart1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • cart2.jpg
    cart2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • dd4.jpg
    dd4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • dd8.jpg
    dd8.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,086
  • dd7.jpg
    dd7.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,094
Upvote 1

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two had a good day in my book, boy that two penny is huge, and readable LOL................... I like the glass buttons and you did pretty good today, hope the weather holds for a few more for you.........

Don

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP,
I don't care what you say, that looks like a h-ll of a day to me!!! :o :thumbsup:
Congrats on all your finds. That kind of hunt would make my day month year. ;D
Way to go.
I can hardly wait to see K & K's input. :tongue3: :laughing9:
-MM-

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that my spoon? :laughing9: Patch buddy you put the hammer down today it looks like.Man that two pence is a big sucker. :laughing9: Must of sounded like a mason jar lid :laughing9: :laughing7: :thumbsup: Like the buttons to buddy. Anyway with what you say on the one coin there and it's apparent condition and knowing the time and years you put in buddy to not have found one before I'll say Banner! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Is that my spoon? :laughing9: Patch buddy you put the hammer down today it looks like.Man that two pence is a big sucker. :laughing9: Must of sounded like a mason jar lid :laughing9: :laughing7: :thumbsup: Like the buttons to buddy. Anyway with what you say on the one coin there and it's apparent condition and knowing the time and years you put in buddy to not have found one before I'll say Banner! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Yep that's a big ole *post 16th century* :wink: pewter spoon. It was over a foot down in the second dump I found.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:

Yep that's a big ole *post 16th century* :wink: pewter spoon. It was over a foot down in the second dump I found.
Buddy I don't know how rare that big coin is but in my book for something that big to be in the ground that long and nothing has hit it or scratched it that's purdy amazing.

By the way what's that score :icon_scratch:
Is it tied 2 up I forgot? :notworthy: :laughing9: :laughing7: ;D

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
I'd call that the best hunt of the day IP. Of coarse, we haven't heard from the Pa bros. yet. :D

That 2 penny looks as big as the tire off my truck. :tongue3: You could have found that at 3 feet with the explorer. :thumbsup:

I love the glass buttons. Kinda looks like a boat at the bottom? :dontknow:

Wish I could come up there and hunt one of these days. Of coarse I'd have to invest in a minelab first. :-\ Awesome finds you guys are pulling out of the ground. :icon_thumright:

Good Luck
Randy

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:

Buddy I don't know how rare that big coin is but in my book for something that big to be in the ground that long and nothing has hit it or scratched it that's purdy amazing.

By the way what's that score :icon_scratch:
Is it tied 2 up I for got? :notworthy: :laughing9: :laughing7: ;D

Not rare to buy, but rare to find. Romeo dug the first I have ever seen detected here a couple of years ago. We've (Ironhorse and I) probably found 20-30 cartwheel pennies between us but this is the first two.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RPG said:
I'd call that the best hunt of the day IP. Of coarse, we haven't heard from the Pa bros. yet. :D

That 2 penny looks as big as the tire off my truck. :tongue3: You could have found that at 3 feet with the explorer. :thumbsup:

I love the glass buttons. Kinda looks like a boat at the bottom? :dontknow:

Wish I could come up there and hunt one of these days. Of coarse I'd have to invest in a minelab first. :-\ Awesome finds you guys are pulling out of the ground. :icon_thumright:

Good Luck
Randy

Too bad the coin wasn't deep just to see how much range the ploder would have on it. I believe it is a sailing ship on the glass button.

If you're ever to the far North there's lots of fields left!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
hey I like the glass buttons, the ship inside is neat!

the 2 penny hockey puck turned out alright too!

yeah, lots of fields left, wish there were lots and lots of days for the season, but then again, what would we do in the spring?

TimTrac

Jul 30, 2009
Spanaway Wa
Detector(s) used
Etrac and VX3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds IP..... and you got out with a fellow competitor in the field.... I think he may have outdone you on the digs though...... :laughing7:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy to over look sometimes cause we see so many posted coin in general though back then I speak of.For these people money most of the time wasn't easy to come buy.And to loose it couldn't have been good.But boy I gotta say that poor guy had a big hole in his pocket. :laughing9: I think that's part of the amazment for me. How do you loose something that big? If it hit's your foot it's going to break a toe :laughing9: if it hits the dirt as big as that is it ought to make a good clunk :laughing9: :icon_scratch: These type finds and question make this stuff ultra fun to me :hello2:
Patch Buddy I Love It!
Hope you find more Goodies! :thumbsup:

U

umrgolf

I see your detector works as well as your radar IP.. Very well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread