May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Everyone,

Vp here, Paco and I got back out to the colonial site we stumbled across over the weekend. We found another 5 coins and a bunch of other stuff. Below is the stuff I found. Unfortunately only one of the coins I found was identifiable, looks like a Connecticut Copper.

Thanks for looking,

vp
www.TreasureValley.net

close up of the Connecticut

munro131.jpg

all the stuff I found today

munro130.jpg

Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet, Kevin, that is definitely a Connecticut copper. You guys are tearing it apart. That site reminds me of our site from this year. We were yanking coppers like there was no tomorrow.

Take care!

Kirk

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some great looking finds from where I'm sitting... that copper should clean quite a bit better with Dons method and that shield buckle is neat..

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one hot spot, shame on the condition of the coins though, at least the MM/NJ copper is decent. I have narrowed down the variety of the NJ that is struck on you Machins, but going to hold saying what it is till the "experts" see the coin next week. I do think it is one of the 1788 varieties, but have not verified yet.

If I convince myself ::) that it is what I think it is I will email you the result, if so that would be nice to be able to have not only the Machins variety identified but also the paritial NJ strike!

Hope more still comes from the site you guys are hunting, would love one like that to finish up the year. December is not a month to hunt down here in the woods, so this week is about it for me till after the holidays, hope the snow stays north. :D

Don

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not allowed 2 complain about finds like that !! NICE!! I really like the arrowhead buckle!! MaineRelic.

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
It is definitely a Connecticut copper. Great finds, Kevin. Could you take another picture of that potential shoe buckle fragment, preferably at a different angle?

Rob just told me that his King George II is dated 1744; it, too, is a cast counterfeit like your 1729.

Kyle

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks just like the type of stuff at our current site here. It's too bad things don't hold up better, but places like that the one right target can make your whole year and is very possible. How about a GW button next trip? :-X Ironhorse and I will be doing our round 2 tomorrow. :thumbsup:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and cool Conn. cent. I particularly like the shield buckle which looks very much like another one found and posted here this fall. Has this buckle ever been positively identified?

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
That is amazing Kevin. Another 5 coppers from the site makes it one of the best i've seen from our area. The Connecticut is one of my favorites. I found one a couple of weeks ago. 2 this year. With so many coppers you would think there should be a silver or 2. Maybe the next visit. I'm pulling for you guys. Glad to see Rob found a KG II. :hello2:
Chris

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
That is amazing Kevin. Another 5 coppers from the site makes it one of the best i've seen from our area. The Connecticut is one of my favorites. I found one a couple of weeks ago. 2 this year. With so many coppers you would think there should be a silver or 2. Maybe the next visit. I'm pulling for you guys. Glad to see Rob found a KG II. :hello2:
Chris

some places are funny, I found a field that produced about 400 coopers from the mid to late 1700's and only one silver came out... the area was prob only about a 50' by 50'...crazy eh

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Patriot said:
Chris

some places are funny, I found a field that produced about 400 coopers from the mid to late 1700's and only one silver came out... the area was prob only about a 50' by 50'...crazy eh
That's insane hunting.

Nice going on the coppers, great buckle also. Best of luck on a return hunt.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Chris

I can't wait to someday run my fingers through your crusty coppers. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions